Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

B77 works fine, then shuts off and won't turn on

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

B77 works fine, then shuts off and won't turn on

Postby Frankman6 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Got a second hand B77 that worked fine for about four cups of coffee and was very happy with it. I went to have another cup about an hour later and it has shut down and won't power on. I have tried searching here and have not found a similar problem.

Tried different power sources, even "slapped" it gently thinking something might be stuck. What else can I do? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Frankman6

Re: B77 works fine, then shuts off and won't turn on

Postby jbviau » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:35 am

Welcome! Sorry to hear it. Could be the transformer; see here for some discussion of this sort of problem. Are you an electrician or otherwise handy with tools?
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby Frankman6 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:04 am

Handy with tools, and enjoying tinkering. I read those three sentences regarding the power transformer but I don't think that will get me far, esp if a new part is needed. Can that transformer heat up, fail, cool, and then work again? From the outside, the unit is lightly used, no sign of trauma, and the cord is good. I guess the next step is to review the dismantling instructions and get to that board and check for signs of failure/burns/loose wires, etc, and take a look around inside.

It's a bummer because those four cups of coffee were made well! Thanks for the note!
Frankman6

Postby Frankman6 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 am

Making more sense now after reading and rereading...solenoid leaks onto transformer causing it to fail. May need new transformer and umbrella? Will take it apart soon. Thanks again!
Frankman6

Postby jbviau » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:48 am

Sure thing! Good luck.

p.s. Check your inbox (top left next to "User Control Panel").
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby Frankman6 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 pm

Just got off the phone with Keurig and they are sending a replacement brewer! Love this site! Thanks!
Frankman6

Postby jbviau » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 pm

Woot! Now you can fix the original unit on your own time.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby can80an » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:52 am

Frankman6 wrote:Just got off the phone with Keurig and they are sending a replacement brewer! Love this site! Thanks!

And if you are lucky you will receive the redesigned brewer with the larger reservoir (72 ounces). Don't notice any other improvements, but perhaps they've changed some things under the hood. Be sure to register the new brewer, you'll get some free coffee. Seems to be an annual ritual for me to get a new replacement from Keurig, I'm now on my 4th brewer in 3 years ...
Bunn My Cafe
Keurig B70 Platinum
Keurig B60 Special Edition
Melita one:one - Retired
Keurig B100
can80an

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines