Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Tesco "K-Fee" Pod system (UK)

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Tesco "K-Fee" Pod system (UK)

Postby faris » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:18 pm

I just found this Tesco-branded pod-based brewer listed on the Tesco website (one the UK's largest, if not the largest, supermarket): http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.212-5032.aspx

It seems to be brand new to market and is called a "K-Free Pod Drinks machine". They are selling it at £49.97 (roughly $80 USD). The pods themselves are being sold for something like £1.98 (roughly $3.20 USD) for 8 pods.

Given the "K" in the "K-free", I'm assuming it might be based on the Keurig system. Can anybody identify the machine from the picture on the website? If it is a Keurig-based thing, I wonder if it will take the same pods or if it has been modified to only accept Tesco-branded ones?

I don't see much in the way of Keurig brewers on my travels so I don't know if they sell in the "real thing" in the UK or not.

If anyone can help fill in the blanks or provide further into, I'd appreciate it.

[I've posted this in the "other machines" category as I'm not sure where it really belongs]
faris

Re: Tesco "K-Fee" Pod system (UK)

Postby jbviau » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Interesting. K-*fee*, not K-free! Seems more like a cheap Nespresso alternative than anything to do with Keurig.

Looks the same as the Aldi Expressi, which is also new. See here for extensive comments on the latter with pics: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1322406344

Also, see here: http://www.k-fee-system.com/?___store=g ... m_store=fr
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby faris » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Arrgh! Why can't I edit my post to make me look a bit less stupid? Honestly...I'm useless sometimes.

Yup, definitely the same model (in terms of looks) as the Aldi and on the k-fee site itself. 99 euros on there. That's much more expensive than the Tesco model.
faris

Postby lamplighter » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Try visiting the web-site given - www.k-free-system.co.uk
From this I found that the Brand is Krúger and according to the Q&A section "You can already buy capsules for K-fee System at more than 16,000 retail outlets, including Schlecker, Combi, Budni, Penny, famila, Toom, Ihr Platz, Sky und Plaza. And there will soon be more!" - I take it that Tesco is one of the 'more soon'.
lamplighter

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines