Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

new Keurig Mini on the way?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

new Keurig Mini on the way?

Postby jbviau » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:55 am

Saw this on Shoffee's blog:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com ... hpE94Ww%3D

No details as yet. Would explain why the B30 is on sale at BBB, I guess.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Re: new Keurig Mini on the way?

Postby coffeewiz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:33 am

jbviau wrote:Saw this on Shoffee's blog:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com ... hpE94Ww%3D

No details as yet. Would explain why the B30 is on sale at BBB, I guess.

This is the deal .. it will be out sometime in April ... has a few pretty neat features including a display that shows you the kcup brewing... a button on the brew tray that pops up if the brew tray is full and two different cup sizes ... it is also a little bigger looking than the Mini .. this of course will be called the Mini Plus ...
Single Cup Coffee Superstore! Over 500+ Coffee Pods, Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto. and More!! http://www.coffeewiz.com
coffeewiz

Postby jbviau » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:35 am

Jim, will the water reservoir be bigger?
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby coffeewiz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 am

jbviau wrote:Jim, will the water reservoir be bigger?

Looks to be since it will now apparently carry two cup sizes ..
Single Cup Coffee Superstore! Over 500+ Coffee Pods, Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto. and More!! http://www.coffeewiz.com
coffeewiz

Postby jbviau » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:04 am

Probably, but I suppose they *could* mean 8 oz. and 6 oz., which wouldn't require a bigger reservoir since the current one already holds 8. Anyway, the display you mentioned sounds interesting. Is it an LCD indicator or an actual "cut-away" display that allows you to see inside the machine and watch the brewing process?
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby coffeewiz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:56 pm

jbviau wrote:Probably, but I suppose they *could* mean 8 oz. and 6 oz., which wouldn't require a bigger reservoir since the current one already holds 8. Anyway, the display you mentioned sounds interesting. Is it an LCD indicator or an actual "cut-away" display that allows you to see inside the machine and watch the brewing process?

It's not an LCD .. The machine wasn't working so I am not totally sure what the desplay looked like however it was told to me that it backlights a pic of a Kcups showing the brewing process...
coffeewiz

Mini Plus released

Postby nacronig » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:41 pm

I have a Red Mini Plus on order. 3 cup sizes, 6, 8, and 10 oz. No external reservoir. You lift the hatch and pour in yourdesired amount of water. Not as cute as the Mini, IMHO, but far more flexible if this B 70 quits like the prior ones, but that is for another forum....sheesh
nacronig

Mini Plus released

Postby nacronig » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:42 pm

I have a Red Mini Plus on order. 3 cup sizes, 6, 8, and 10 oz. No external reservoir. You lift the hatch and pour in yourdesired amount of water. Not as cute as the Mini, IMHO, but far more flexible if this B 70 quits like the prior ones, but that is for another forum....sheesh
nacronig

Re: Mini Plus released

Postby jbviau » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:57 pm

nacronig wrote:I have a Red Mini Plus on order. 3 cup sizes, 6, 8, and 10 oz. No external reservoir. You lift the hatch and pour in yourdesired amount of water. Not as cute as the Mini, IMHO, but far more flexible if this B 70 quits like the prior ones, but that is for another forum....sheesh

Cool! You're the first I've heard of who's got one on the way. Let us know how you like it, ok?
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

keurig mini plus

Postby nacronig » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Sure :D I am hoping it ships tomorrow, which would put it in my greedy little hands on Wed. I had no idea it was coming out until late afternoon, when I went to the Keurig site to to order the new travel mug French Roast k-cups. Since my mini was 4 days old and came damaged, they were kind enough to substitute the new model. I hope it doesn't have problems. You know you have bad luck when u need a brewer in case your Platinum dies again. As soon as it gets here, i'll run a cup. and post.
nacronig

mini plus impressions

Postby nacronig » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:38 pm

Well, I have put the red Mini Plus through a little workout. These are my first impressions. The Mini was cute. This reminds me of a tiny Cuisinart 700. The red is pretty, dark, not cherry, red. You first lift the lid, and pour in 6, 8, or 10 oz. The level indicator is a snap in grey plastic, with a square window in 3 circles indicating the amount of water. I had to call Keurig, since there is no documentation as to where on these round discs you stop adding water. For example, for 6 oz., do I fill until the grey disc is covered, or stop even with the edge of the plastic? Supposedly, according to Keurig, the little squares in the middle of the discs will have a bubble in them when the desired amount is reached. Wish they had written that somewhere.

Okay.....lift the lid, add filtered water, and the LED indicator will then tell you to lift the handle of the k-cup holder. This is the part I find irritating; you have to leave the handle up until you hear all the water gurgle into the heater. Then, you insert a k-cup, hit 'Brew', and the LED flashes red while the water heats, then turns solid red while the brewing occurs. Remove your mug, and drinkup!

Keurig claims a brew speed of less than two minutes. This seemed longer than the original Mini. Also, waiting for the water to manually gurgle down to be heated seems, well, primitive. Does avoid pump issues, tho. As to taste, it was identical to my Platinum, although I don't think as hot.

Overall, it is a nice machine. The cord storage is handy.

I just can't seem to get over the annoyance of listening for the water to finish draining. God Forbid a deaf person tries to use it. You MUST be able to hear it.....hope this answers some questions.
nacronig

Postby jbviau » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:49 pm

How long does it take for the gurgling magic to happen? Also, how are the new "travel mug" k-cups? Thanks for posting your impressions!
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Mini Plus gurgles

Postby nacronig » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi, the gurgling starts when you lift the handle after putting the water in. I would guesstimate maybe 10 seconds, maybe a little less, for all the water to drain down to be heated.

Re the new travel mug sizes, I find them a little weak , but I never drink light roasts. The French Roast travel size is more my speed. The Breakfast Blend and Donut House are good, but when you are used to Black Tiger and Parisian Nights, it is tough to compare one to another. Apples and oranges. I would love to see the GM Kona in travel mug size, or the Hazelnut dark roast extra bold. I'm very glad they came out with the larger sizes. Take care.
nacronig

Postby jbviau » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:49 am

Slightly off-topic: Has anyone seen the B30 Mini at Bed Bath & Beyond for less than $49? My local store has a bunch of them at this price, but I'd rather wait until the price drops even lower to pick one up if it is, in fact, headed in that direction. Thanks in advance for letting me/us know!
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

49?

Postby nacronig » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:54 am

Last I saw, it was 69.99. 49.99 less the 20 percent coupon....hmmm...don't think they will go much lower...
nacronig

Next

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines