Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Cuisinart K-Cup Brewer - Questions before Review

Talk back from articles posted at Single Serve Coffee

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Cuisinart K-Cup Brewer - Questions before Review

Postby agentfive » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:25 am

Sound off with any questions that you want answered prior to the review - and I'll incorporate them into the review.

WOOT!
- Jay Brewer
- Editor, Single Serve Coffee
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Postby TheCoffeeArtisan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:17 am

What differentiates this unit from the Keurig and the Breville? Other than aesthetic reasons, why would someone want to buy the Cuisinart over the other two comparable options?
250+ Coffee and Tea Pods from The Coffee Artisan, Fratello, Cafejo, Reunion Island, Baronet, Solera, Organa, City Steam, Barnie's, JavaOne, Melitta and Wolfgang Puck
Bunn, Grindmaster and Baratza Equipment
The Coffee Artisan
TheCoffeeArtisan

Postby coffeewiz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 am

TheCoffeeArtisan wrote:What differentiates this unit from the Keurig and the Breville? Other than aesthetic reasons, why would someone want to buy the Cuisinart over the other two comparable options?

From a consumer point of view I can answer that in one word .. Cuisinart ... They sell way more traditional coffee machines that anyone else and have a huge loyal following. Keurig attached themselves to Cuisinart because of Cuisinart's relationship with retail outlets across the country. It's easier for Keruig to alien themselves with Cuisinart and build sales that way then for Keurig to knock on doors of the many retailers across the country. In addition because it's Cuisinart it screams quality ...
Single Cup Coffee Superstore! Over 500+ Coffee Pods, Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto. and More!! http://www.coffeewiz.com
coffeewiz

Postby jar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 pm

So was the death of the SS-1 a requirement before Keurig aligned with Cuisinart?
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby coffeewiz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:50 pm

jar wrote:So was the death of the SS-1 a requirement before Keurig aligned with Cuisinart?

I don't think so .. what killed the SS1 was two things.. first the partnership with Lavazza and second customers did not know where to get the Lavazza Pods for the machine since many retailers were ot stocking the Lavazza Pods..
Single Cup Coffee Superstore! Over 500+ Coffee Pods, Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto. and More!! http://www.coffeewiz.com
coffeewiz

Postby jbviau » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Jay, we know that the hot water feature requires you to pick a drop size, so it's pretty much just like brewing a normal k-cup. But do you get a puff of air at the end of the brew cycle when you use the hot water feature? I'm assuming you do get the puff with this machine when you brew a k-cup (could be wrong). For some reason I'm curious about this and have asked a few others here about it. I guess I just find it hard to imagine why there would be such a prominent dedicated button for this feature if it does nothing truly different.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby agentfive » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:56 pm

Good question on the hot water - I'll test that out for sure.
- Jay Brewer
- Editor, Single Serve Coffee
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Re: Cuisinart K-Cup Brewer - Questions before Review

Postby EricBNC » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:58 pm

agentfive wrote:Sound off with any questions that you want answered prior to the review - and I'll incorporate them into the review.

WOOT!

Any idea if Cusinart intends to roll out a version of the mini? or maybe some color options - anything leaked about metalic red, blue, gold, black, etc.?
EricBNC

Question from a Senseo User

Postby bjbiffle » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 am

Have not tried a K-cup brewer but am interested. Really like that there is a color other than black. Any chance they will come out with another lower-end version that is a bit cheaper? Does this provide the foam on top of the coffee like the Senseo? Will I be able to use myexisting pods by stuffing them in the K cup holder? Thank you!
bjbiffle

Postby VydorScope » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 am

Definitely a compare against B40/B70/OPOD/BUNN in quality of coffee produced.
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Questions on SS700 From an Owner

Postby paulloren » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:17 pm

If you received the Review Machine directly from Cuisinart USA, Please Ask them why Cuisinart does not Have SS700 on their website even though it has been currently selling now for a couple of weeks.

Is Keurig.com also going to be selling this like they do with the Breville?

I too don't understand the Rinse/Hot Water Feature. I Posted my own review in the Forums. You still need to the lift the head to initiate either the 4oz Rinse and Hot Water Mode. Only difference I see is that you can repeat the process again within a "single" minute, without re lifting the head. Big Woopie Deal. Now if you could press the Hot Water Button and get continuous stream until you release then it would be of some value.

As it was implemented it is "silly" gimmick to advertise on box to differentiate from Keurig B70 Platinum and Breville.

Also Ask Cuisinart why did they include a coffe scoop, but not build in a place to store it like Breville. Seems like a Big Over Sight.

And Finally, Regarding the Charcoal Water Filter. It is Physically different than Keurig in that it doesn't have the "Date Dial". Are the Replacement Filters Interchangeable with Breville and Keurig filters or does it require Cuisinart Branded?
paulloren

Re: Questions on SS700 From an Owner

Postby EricBNC » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:34 pm

paulloren wrote:I too don't understand the Rinse/Hot Water Feature. I Posted my own review in the Forums. You still need to the lift the head to initiate either the 4oz Rinse and Hot Water Mode. Only difference I see is that you can repeat the process again within a "single" minute, without re lifting the head.

I can visualize a scenario where this feature will come in handy. Imagine your significant other, co-worker, or house guest brews a cup of Limited Edition Fair Trade Organic Spring Rejuvenation Blueberry Cobbler Decaf (you know this is what it is because, as usual, they leave the spent shell in the machine) and you want your Coffee People Donut Shop to taste like, well, coffee. You have to open the holder to remove the old cup anyways. Then close it to hit the button to rinse the offending flavor away. Now you hit it again because you do want to heat your cup, but not with the initial rinse water burst. No need to lift the spout a second time! Wow, that was easy... thanks Cuisinart.
EricBNC

EricBNC

Postby paulloren » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm

I love your sarcasm!!!!!!!
Yes the Rinse & Hot Water buttons IMHO are a Joke!!!!!
paulloren

What killed SS1

Postby paulloren » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 pm

To CoffeeWiz to correct you what killed the SS-1 had nothing to do with Lavazza Pods. it was the Machine itself.

I had one. It vibrated everywhere and unless you held onto your cup it would shake off of the tiny drip tray. Also the Coffee Basket would overflow.

It was a poorly designed machine. It's only strength over the Keurig was the size of the drip basket in that you could use more coffee grounds to brew a 12oz cup. The KCups are too small. Ideally you should be using 2 tablespoons or 10grams per 6-8 oz water and that's about all that the KKups hold.

I wish Keurig could redesign the machine to Accommodate a Larger KCup or eliminate the 12 oz setting entirely from their machines. Heck even the 10oz is pushing it unless you use "Bold" with 30% more grounds.
paulloren

Postby zrrrzzt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:33 pm

I would like to know if K-Cups are coming to Europe in the future.

Cuisinart have a lot of kitchen appliances over here already, could this be Keurigs move towards world domination?
Reviews: Pods | Nespresso | Dolce Gusto
Wilfa svart, Saeco xsmall, Bialetti Brikka and Venus, AeroPress, French Presses, Handpresso Wild, CCD, Hario V60-02, Chemex, Kalita wave, Zero, Behmor 1600, Mugs of Excellence
zrrrzzt

Next

Return to SingleServeCoffee.com Discussions