Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Cafe Du Monde, New Orleans

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Would you buy Cafe Du Monde Coffee & Chicory K-Cups?

Yes
60%
No
23%
What the heck is it?
18%

Total votes : 40

Cafe Du Monde, New Orleans

Postby AEA » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:57 am

I have written to the Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans and asked them to make their New Orleans Coffee & Chicory available in a K-Cup. I doubt that they will do it on just my asking. I even attached a picture of Emeril's Big Easy Bold and told them it was good, but theirs could be better.

Anyway, anyone who is a fan of dark (extra bold) coffee that really has a good taste (chicory) please email them and request them to start making it available in a K-Cup. Here is their email
Code: Select all
office@cafedumonde.com

Heck, if Emeril can do it, they should be able to as well. I suggested to them that there are a lot of K-Cup brewers out there now and they could be making a lot of money selling K-Cups.
Last edited by AEA on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
- AEA -
Cuisinart SS-700 - DOUBLE WOW! SUPER QUIET!
2 Breville BKC600XL's - Nice but loud! Gave both away.
Keurig B70 - Excellent Machine! GREAT coffee!
2 Tassimo TA-1400's - one given away(Relative), the other sold on eBay.
AEA

Postby AEA » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:13 am

12 views so far and I'm the only one who has hit the poll?

Come on and hit the poll. If you want hit the bottom option, but please hit the poll. If I get enough of the response, I plan on sending this link to Cafe Du Monde which may help in getting them into action on K-Cups.
- AEA -
AEA

Postby VydorScope » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:40 am

Dont forget bots are included in the view count, so I might be the second person to actually see this thread....
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby jar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:19 am

I'd buy it if it came in a pods but probably not in a K-cup.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jbviau » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:43 am

Will it ever really taste the same outside of New Orleans?
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby AEA » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:56 am

Good question, I would hope so.

I have some ground in a can from them (you can buy it on their website) and it is good, but I don't like the mess of a "My K-Cup" as it is difficult to get clean quickly and use again for another drop.

Additionally, I live in the country and have a septic tank. It is not good for coffee grounds to go into the septic tank. So you see how difficult it is to clean it out over the trash container.
- AEA -
AEA

Postby mattsense » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:26 am

I do not know the company, or if they have anything else in a K-Cup, but they would need permission from G.M. if they wanted to make it available.
Matt's Pod Reviews!
Matt's K-Cup Reviews

Bunn MyCafe, Keurig B60 SE, Clever Coffee Dripper
mattsense

Postby AEA » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:58 am

They don't have anything in a K-Cup at the moment.

I told them in the email that Emeril has 2 varities of K-Cup coffee and I even sent them a picture of one of his K-Cups called "Big Easy Bold".

If he can do it, then they should be able to as well. All they need to do is get in touch with GM.
- AEA -
AEA

Postby jar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:17 pm

jbviau wrote:Will it ever really taste the same outside of New Orleans?

I doubt it. Something about sitting at the base of the levee, street still wet from the morning shower, Beignets still warm and powdered sugar on your nose. Hard to beat.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jbviau » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:19 pm

A Cafe du Monde k-cup would almost certainly be packed by someone else. Emeril's k-cups, for example, are packed by Timothy's as far as I know. I'm not sure who sources and roasts the coffee that goes into the Emeril's k-cups (that's a separate question). I guess Cafe du Monde would need to get official permission from Keurig/GM to even use the k-cup format, like Matt suggested, on top of finding someone to pack their k-cups.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby starryeyes » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:11 pm

I think Timothy also roasts the Emeril line. They have a roasting facility that's located in Toronto. I believe they are also partnered with Monogram Food Solutions to help market the Emeril line. So I believe they must select the beans, roast and package the product but I'm not 100% sure.

I would probably buy the Cafe Du Monde in either K-cups or pods or at least try it. I don't think I've ever had a coffee with chicory.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby sharonb » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Cafe du Monde, yum, makes me want a beignet, or maybe just lots of powdered sugar.
I'd try it in a pod, don't have a Keurig.
Sharon
sharonb

Postby Yellowbeard » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I would buy it in pod form for sure..

I am going there in October and will be having it for real,,,,, with powdered sugar on my nose... :D
Yellowbeard

Postby Alice2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:28 pm

I don't think I like chicory, although I do not recall if it is because I have ever tasted it.

I don't do dark roast, except under duress.

Why is the chicory in there? Tasty? Good for you? A way to cut down on caffeine?
KitchenAid Single-- Keurig B30 red-- Keurig B30 black (non-leaking version)-- KitchenAid Compact 4-Cupper ('cute lil' red coffeemaker)-- Mr. Coffee Drip (don't ask why, it just is.) I nailed a re-tread to my feet and I prayed for better weather
Alice2

Postby jar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:14 am

Alice2 wrote:
Why is the chicory in there? Tasty? Good for you? A way to cut down on caffeine?

Originally because coffee was not readily available and chicory was used as a substitute and extender. It also had the advantage of combating internal parasites.

Today it is mostly tradition and when I drink a cup of coffee with chicory I immediately think back to New Orleans and the Louisiana Parishes.
jar

Next

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines