Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New Bosch Machine

Review Tassimo T Discs here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

New Bosch Machine

Postby shermanh4 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:25 am

Thought you guys might be interested in the new machine which will be available this summer. Look for deals on the Braun machine ...

http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/39662/ ... 993_rs.jpg
shermanh4

Postby coffeewiz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:33 am

The Bosh machine will be out more than likely late summer ... Sept. is the target date right now. I'll let you know if that date moves... As far as the Braun machine is concerned ... you will be hard pressed to find this machine anywhere. All the major retailers are sold out and have been since before the holidays. Braun is no longer manufacturing that machine ... good luck finding it at any price... :)
Single Cup Coffee Superstore! Over 500+ Coffee Pods, Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto. and More!! http://www.coffeewiz.com
coffeewiz

Postby stiffi » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:50 pm

What do you mean hard to find? I was at a Supermarket yesterday that had plenty of Braun machines on the shelf. Everywhere I look, they have them. Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond. Not hard at all.
stiffi

Postby coffeewiz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:52 pm

stiffi wrote:What do you mean hard to find? I was at a Supermarket yesterday that had plenty of Braun machines on the shelf. Everywhere I look, they have them. Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond. Not hard at all.

These are places that are working off old inventory ... try Amazon or any other internet retailer ... it might be that in your neck of the woods their are some however not for long.. trust me on this one .. :):)
Single Cup Coffee Superstore! Over 500+ Coffee Pods, Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto. and More!! http://www.coffeewiz.com
coffeewiz

Postby jeff1014 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:18 pm

To change to a somewhat different topic, why can you only buy Maxwell House T-discs either at Tassimo or in my case only Target. Why are not online dealers such as Coffeewhiz able to offer them.
Bunn My Cafe-Tassimo-Cuisinart SS-1
Keurig B 60 (retired)
Senseo (the $15 one)
all above destroyed by lightning except the Senseo and replaced with
New Tassimo, new Bunn MC-1 new Keurig VUE v600
Coffee Preference=Black, strong,rich & smooth
jeff1014

Postby coffeewiz » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:29 pm

jeff1014 wrote:To change to a somewhat different topic, why can you only buy Maxwell House T-discs either at Tassimo or in my case only Target. Why are not online dealers such as Coffeewhiz able to offer them.

Because Kraft can not figure out how to get these coffee's through their current supply chain .. I know that sound like an easy fix however with Kraft nothing is easy .... As things change I'll let you know...
coffeewiz

hmmmm

Postby smg1062 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Is that a real pic of the new machines? Did their research dept take onsumer suggestions for improvements over the old machines? It doesnt look all that different..............at least functionally........
smg1062

Re: hmmmm

Postby coffeewiz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:36 pm

smg1062 wrote:Is that a real pic of the new machines? Did their research dept take onsumer suggestions for improvements over the old machines? It doesnt look all that different..............at least functionally........

YES THEY DID ... They machine is smaller a lot less noise and works much differently then the first generation... your going to love it .. IMHO .. :)
coffeewiz

specs

Postby smg1062 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:52 pm

Do you know what functional changes there are? Is it programmable? I was hoping to see an LCD display for programming options.........is the water chamber smaller?
smg1062

Postby jhimmel » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:09 pm

It looks to me like they did not redesign to allow for taller cups.
That is my biggest complaint with the current machine.

Jim H.
jhimmel

Postby agentfive » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:18 am

I like it. Much slimmer - very interesting. Anything to reduce the footprint and reduce noise will be a good thing.
- Jay Brewer
- Editor, Single Serve Coffee
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Re: specs

Postby coffeewiz » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:19 am

smg1062 wrote:Do you know what functional changes there are? Is it programmable? I was hoping to see an LCD display for programming options.........is the water chamber smaller?

I'll have my first machine in there in a few weeks... once I get a cnahce to play with it a little I'll give you a full report.. :):)
coffeewiz

Postby stiffi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:56 am

jhimmel wrote:It looks to me like they did not redesign to allow for taller cups.
That is my biggest complaint with the current machine.

Jim H.

Maybe they designed it so it doesn't spew water all over the place before and after brews.

That's the biggest problem with the current design. You can fit a cup, but because the machine has water coming out where the drip tray used to be, it becomes useless.
stiffi

Postby darrylr » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:48 pm

Note from the photo of the Bosch unit that it claims no wait to start brewing and no need to clean. I hope that's all true, but I wonder how they could pull either off. Because different drinks can call for different temperatures you can't just have a boiler sitting there at a fixed temperature, so there has to be a way to get the brew water to the needed temperature. I'm sure that's why the current Tassimo has such a long wait. Doubtless that wait could be improved with a better design, but no wait?

As for the no cleaning, maybe they mean it will auto-rinse without the need to insert a cleaning disk. That would sure be nice. Surely they do need to do a rinse one way or another since the machine would otherwise get unsanitary when milk drinks are run.

Anyhow, looking forward to learning more about the machine. I'd upgrade mine in an instant if they streamlined the wait and the cleaning process. Those are my two biggest complaints with the current machine.

Darryl
darrylr

Postby tassimofan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:18 am

You know, looking at the picture, it seems to me that around the main "one button" there might be a select wheel of some variety. There just seems like there are images or something on it. It's hard to tell from that picture, but doesn't it seem like there's something there. Perhaps it's just a design, but it's not a plain big button like my current machine. Maybe you can select cup size or a longer brew cycle or some such?
tassimofan

Next

Return to T Discs and T Disc Reviews