Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

K-Cup Storage

Cups, grinders, products, accessories, storage, gadgets, and other coffee related products.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

K-Cup Storage

Postby frigidaire » Tue May 22, 2007 12:03 pm

I got a Keurig B50 from Costco two weeks ago, and set it up in my kitchen. Between the 18-packs that came with that and some 5-packs and 25-packs I ordered from Keurig, I had a storage mess on my hands; you can't get into the 18-packs when they're stacked, and I didn't have enough counter space to leave them all out.

I went shopping at the big-box mall, and found the Sterilite #2003 Small Countertop Drawer unit at Target. Each unit's about 7" high, 7" wide and 8" deep and they stack. 3 drawers per unit are just barely deep enough to hold 9 K-cups each when arranged just so; the Tully's cups bulge on top and I have to be careful with opening and closing their drawers! I've filled each drawer with a different variety or an assortment of singles. The remaining 5-packs will sit nicely on top. I have the 25-packs and a bin of loose K-cups from the 18-packs under a counter on the other side of the kitchen, and I'll refill the drawers from there when they get empty. Now I can see what I've got when I'm getting going in the morning.

Image Image Image

I'd love to hear from other folks about what they're using!
frigidaire

Postby frigidaire » Wed May 23, 2007 2:37 am

Thanks! I'd missed that one, but I'd seen http://www.singleservecoffeeforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3267. Mike's setup looks great--too bad we don't have Menards here!
frigidaire

Postby hoss » Wed May 23, 2007 7:41 am

I just ordered one of the 27 K-cup carousels from keurig.com. I think it will suit my needs fairly well, I can keep 9 kups of 3 different varieties on hand and can keep my countertop clear of clutter (i hate clutter...)

I do like yalls drawer systems though. And I must admit, after I saw this thread I started actualy went to Target to look for those drawers to copy your idea :) . I decided to go with the carousel though because I like to be able and see the tops of the cups, and wouldnt want to have to make new labels everytime I ordered different cups. Nice set ups posted though :)
hoss

Postby georgemoe » Wed May 23, 2007 9:38 am

Frig. Nice setup you have there. You even included a nice reminder for me to get my Penzey's order in! :) I'm out of Ozark Seasoning.
Grindmaster OPOD - The stable grows!
Keurig B70
Mr. Coffee PCT13S (Retired)
Hamilton Beach 49261 (for the drippers)
==================
They brought out the OPOD in me! Image
georgemoe

Postby frigidaire » Wed May 23, 2007 10:10 am

georgemoe, hoss, thanks! It's been fantastic since a Penzey's store opened in town here. I've been told I need to cut down a little.

I thought about the carousel, and it does look very nice! Everywhere I looked it was backordered, and I wanted a solution right away. I also wanted to be able to have more cups handy than that'd make possible, since I'd ended up with so many varieties both in singles and in larger packages. And all those drawers weren't much more than one carousel would have been!
frigidaire

Postby NDJollyMon » Wed May 23, 2007 12:12 pm

I use the carousel on the counter...and a pantry for all the boxes.
Pete (Jolly Mon) -
Forum Moderator
Behmor 1600 Coffee Roaster
Baratza Maestro Plus grinder
Aeropress
Bodum French Press
NDJollyMon

Postby sweaner » Wed May 23, 2007 12:37 pm

I really find the shoe box rack for the door works well. If you have a pantry that you can hang it on the inside this would be ideal.

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/207 ... semble.htm
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby frigidaire » Wed May 23, 2007 2:02 pm

Those ideas make a lot of sense! Unfortunately, what was built as a pantry was converted by the previous owner into a laundry area. I have a long-term plan to put up cabinets in there and use it for food storage as well, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

Between the variety box that came with the coffee maker and the flavored variety 5-packs I ordered from Keurig, I have 26 different single cups! I thought if I went with a 27-cup carousel I'd end up putting the single cups in a box and never seeing them. This way the singles are at hand along with the varieties I have lots of.

If I eventually get a carousel, I'm sure I can reuse the plastic drawers for office supplies or in the basement for tools.
frigidaire

Postby BooksCatsCoffee » Wed May 23, 2007 3:56 pm

My B-50 is in the supply closet off my home office, though it's a 5 x 6 walk-in closet, so plenty of room. I have a counter set up with the Keurig and the Senseo, with canvas boxes filled with pods and two double-wide locker shelves for my k-cup boxes. I also have the carousel, which is grand.

(I will not mention that I have so many boxes of k-cups that I also have to stack the extras one on top of the other. Crazy. :?)

The other Senseo is in the kitchen, with a few boxes of pods out on the counter next to it. The other pod boxes are in the pantry.
Nespresso Pixie (office)
Nespresso Citiz
Handpresso Wild
Breville, and Keurig Mini (office)
BooksCatsCoffee

Postby MichFan » Thu May 24, 2007 4:46 pm

Nice job with the Penzeys spices. I wish mine were half as organized. Do you have many dropsies with those 1/4 cup plastic jars stacked like that?
MichFan

Postby frigidaire » Fri May 25, 2007 12:44 am

Thanks, MichFan! The jars are on one of those expand-a-shelf plastic things. I haven't had many problems with stacking the shorter spice jars yet. I've found that the plastic jars are pretty forgiving of falling onto counters, too; the weak point with Penzeys jars seems to be the rigid plastic lids, and the times I've dropped the quarter-cup jars elsewhere in the kitchen I haven't had any break.
frigidaire

Postby NDJollyMon » Mon May 28, 2007 9:03 pm

fridge...your pic made the SSC newsletter! Nice! :D
Pete (Jolly Mon) -
Forum Moderator
Behmor 1600 Coffee Roaster
Baratza Maestro Plus grinder
Aeropress
Bodum French Press
NDJollyMon

Postby frigidaire » Mon May 28, 2007 9:23 pm

Aw shucks!
frigidaire

Postby hoss » Tue May 29, 2007 10:59 pm

my k-cup carousel and 4 boxes of EB cups arrived today :)
hoss

Postby hoss » Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 am

here is my k cup storage set up :)

I hate a cluttered countertop, this is probably pushing it for coming close to cluttered for me...
hoss

Next

Return to Coffee Accessories