Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Tea Bags in the My K-Cup

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Tea Bags in the My K-Cup

Postby bluesyyz » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:36 pm

Just for the heck of it, I decided to try a Tazo Chai tea bag in my Refillable K-Cup. It worked like a charm. I am no stranger to making tea in my Senseo with a bag but for some reason never gave the B60 a shot to do it until tonight. The Senseo does a pretty good job but I am starting to loathe that layer of faux crema (you don't get much with tea). I would say it does a better job overall. I folded the tea in half and crammed it it the K Cup. I chose the 10 oz size and brewed. Not bad. Not weak but not real strong either. I bet the 8 oz would be better, though. I will try again tomorrow. I would say my Senseo is going to be seeing less and less time shortly. I cannot express how much better the B60 has been. I might just give my Senseo to my parents. Now I wonder if loose tea would work?
Now with 100% more OPOD!
Phillips Senseo 1.0 Black (gave to mom)
Phillips Senseo 2.0 Blue (sold to co-worker)
Keurig B60 W/S with My Kcup
Melitta burr grinder
bluesyyz

Postby fritzg » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:47 pm

We've started using teabags in our My K-Cup. This is great. Tea is wonderful this way. I'm thinking we don't even to use the My K-Cup. I'm thinking we can just stuff the tea bag in the regular chamber and go from there, any thoughts?

Also, seems to me loose tea would be just fine in the My K-Cup and that it would definitley be needed.

Fritz
fritzg

Postby bluesyyz » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:17 pm

My only concern would be the chamber needles puncturing the tea bag. I suppose you could use the filter cover without the filter.
Now with 100% more OPOD!
Melitta burr grinder
bluesyyz

Postby RubiconTJ » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:55 am

Fritzg-I have noticed that when using tea bags, especially a heavily scented tea, that the scent and taste lingers in the my K-cup filter. I would imagine that it would also be true with the k-cup holder. I would hate to run a tea bag in my holder and have it become tainted for all eternity.
RubiconTJ

Postby bluesyyz » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:05 pm

You could always buy the replacement baskets from Keurig. I think you get 2 for 9.99. You could always reserve one for tea. Then if you needed to clean it better, you could always do the vinegar dip (descaling) on it. I find that kills all flavors and the vinegar flavor will go away as well with a few flushings in hot water.
Now with 100% more OPOD!
Melitta burr grinder
bluesyyz

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews