Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

T-disc expiration dates

Review Tassimo T Discs here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

T-disc expiration dates

Postby cappy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:52 pm

Does anyone have any idea if T-discs are still good after their "best used by" dates? I have some espresso and latte creamers that have a "best used by date" of June 2007 (5 months ago). I also have some coffee T-discs with the same "best used by date." I really don't want to just toss them out if I don't have to; I didn't use much during the summer months.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any opinions?

Thank you!
Tassimo TA1400
cappy

Re: T-disc expiration dates

Postby coffeewiz » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:14 am

cappy wrote:Does anyone have any idea if T-discs are still good after their "best used by" dates? I have some espresso and latte creamers that have a "best used by date" of June 2007 (5 months ago). I also have some coffee T-discs with the same "best used by date." I really don't want to just toss them out if I don't have to; I didn't use much during the summer months.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any opinions?

Thank you!

The coffee shouldn't be bad... it's packaged under nitrogen and should still give you a good cup of coffee. The Milk on the other hand I would toss... it's 6 month past expiration ...
Single Cup Coffee Superstore! Over 500+ Coffee Pods, Keurig, Tassimo, Dolce Gusto. and More!! http://www.coffeewiz.com
coffeewiz

Postby cappy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:39 am

Thank you for your response. I know it was kind of a stupid question (6-months past expiration), but I wanted to be sure before I tossed it. I'll just order some new cappuccino creamers and keep the espresso.

Thanks again.
Tassimo TA1400
cappy

Postby macskiman » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:07 pm

cappy wrote:I wanted to be sure before I tossed it..

Why not give Tassimo a call on this? I may be wrong, but I vaguely recall phoning them some time back on that issue, and was told that the t-discs are okay up to a year after the date, and that they should only be kept on the merchants' shelves up to the expiry date on the package.

macskiman
macskiman

Return to T Discs and T Disc Reviews