Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Stainless steel refillable Nespresso capsule

Review Nespresso, Dolce Gusto, Lavazza, CBTL, and other espresso capsules here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Stainless steel refillable Nespresso capsule

Postby jbviau » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:52 am

Swiss invention, fyi. Hit up Google Translate for more details if you're curious!

http://www.capsules-compatibles.fr/caps ... tilisable/
http://mycoffeestar.com/shop/product/view/1/1.html
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Re: Stainless steel refillable Nespresso capsule

Postby Masou » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:17 pm

Neat, but the solid metal capsule makes me wonder the probability of bending/breaking something inside my machine.
Masou

Postby EricBNC » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 pm

This would not work (unless modified) in my machine with it's single center pierce only... :cry:
EricBNC

Postby agentfive » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 am

That's very interesting. I would think with the auto-eject you'd end up needing a bunch and remembering to clean and fish them out. Still - it's very cool if it works well.
- Jay Brewer
- Editor, Single Serve Coffee
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Postby CMAlbrecht » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 pm

That capsule looks as if it would work in a Keurig. I just wrote to that site and asked for confirmation. Of course, I'm not even sure they sell Keurig machines in Switzerland. If I get an answer, I'll post it here. Carl
www.cm-albrecht.webs.com
Most people seem normal...until you get to know them.
www.cm-albrecht.webs.com
CMAlbrecht

Postby jbviau » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:37 pm

I seriously doubt it would fit/work, but thanks in advance for confirming. ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby English » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

The link states "Par contre, cette capsule qui est identique à celle de Coffeeduck (en plastique) n’est pas compatible avec les machines Nespresso produites après 2010, donc pas compatible avec les Cityz, Pixie…"
Which means "this capsule, which is identical to the plastic Coffeeduck, is not compatible with Nespresso machines produced after 2010, thus not compatible with Cityz, Pixie, etc."
English

Postby jbviau » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:09 pm

^^^ Welcome. Oh, right you are! However, the company claims that there will be a version compatible with the newer machines by the end of 2012 (see here).
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby deejayc » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Does anybody know which models work with this? I looked on the site and it says any machine with a smooth chamber? If anyone could help I'd appreciate it!
deejayc

Postby jbviau » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 pm

You saw the photo illustrating the difference on the site linked above your post, right? If not, check it out. If so, I assume you're trying to figure out which machine to buy. I'd avoid anything new, like the U, if your only concern is compatibility with this thing.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby deejayc » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 pm

jbviau wrote:You saw the photo illustrating the difference on the site linked above your post, right? If not, check it out. If so, I assume you're trying to figure out which machine to buy. I'd avoid anything new, like the U, if your only concern is compatibility with this thing.

Yeah I saw the photo but not sure which models have the smooth cylinder chamber?
deejayc

Postby jbviau » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure either. It might depend more on date of manufacture than model. FWIW, the machine shown as *not* compatible looks like a Pixie to me. You might want to contact the company directly and ask for details.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby deejayc » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 pm

jbviau wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure either. It might depend more on date of manufacture than model. FWIW, the machine shown as *not* compatible looks like a Pixie to me. You might want to contact the company directly and ask for details.

Ok thank you!
deejayc

Postby TomC » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:54 pm

jbviau wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure either. It might depend more on date of manufacture than model. FWIW, the machine shown as *not* compatible looks like a Pixie to me. You might want to contact the company directly and ask for details.

The coffeeduck capsules they seem to be comparing them to appear to be the "Brown" version that can be used only on machines manufactured prior to October 2010 before the chamber modifications went into effect. If that is in fact the case, they WILL NOT FIT any machines made after October 2010. I received a batch of the Brown capsules that were shipped to me in error and can vouch for that. FWIW None of the refillable capsules will fit the Nespresso machines that utilize the single center puncture either (D150, D250, D300 etc)
At Work: Bunn MCU, CBTL Kaldi, Aeroccino 3
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby nazhoni » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:13 am

I wrote to the company via the email address I found on the greenstar site -- they say the stainless steel reusable capsule IS compatible with pixie, but not with the U.
Has anyone actually tried this stainless steel capsule yet? I don't understand how the holes will automatically fit in with the holes the Pixie (or other Nespresso machines) 'pierce' into the capsule... anyone with any actual experience?
Thanks in advance!
nazhoni

Next

Return to Espresso Capsules and Capsule Reviews