Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

SS700 warranty service for pump issues

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

SS700 warranty service for pump issues

Postby Bosco » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Does anyone know how Cuisinart is handling warranty issues for the pump issues? meaning Keurig was simply sending out new machines once you spoke with support to verify you had the machine and simply would send in the k-cup holder. I'm asking because i may be inheriting one from my sister and this was a first generation unit and returning to the place of purchase won't be an option.
Bosco

Re: SS700 warranty service for pump issues

Postby jbviau » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Is this a "just in case" question, or is there something wrong with the pump already?
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby Bosco » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

just in case
Bosco

Postby ab2320 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Hello All -

New to the group and really don't post to many forums but for this I make an exception!!

I am on my second SS700 in 7 months and need a third. This pump is completely defective and the warranty through Cuisinart is terrible! I have to reseat the reservoir on this thing roughly 5 times before I can get it to brew. Once it does brew, it brews way more water than it should due to all the 'false starts'. After the first one malfunctioned I followed the manufacturers cleaning intructions to the letter, to no avail. I figured I would call customer service and they would ship me a replacement (at no charge) as Keurig has done for my Mother 3 times in the past. NOPE - Cuisinart expects me to pay shipping both ways for a replacement or they gave me the option of returning it to the store (Bed, Bath & Beyond). I chose that route and hoped that I just got a lemon the first time. Apparently not - 60 days later machine number two is having the problem even more frequently. This time, I cannot even solve it by reseating the reservoir. Once again, customer service has given me the same two options. I begged to escalate this because in my mind, this is a completely defective product and I should incur ZERO expense. My pleas fell on deaf ears. So - off to BB&B I will go - only this time, I will have to sadly return this for a Keurig model and lose out on the great look and large capacity of this machine.

Good luck to everyone else out there who owns this machine. Perhaps my local BB& B got a bad batch.
ab2320

Postby jbviau » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Welcome. Sorry to hear it! I'm glad BBB is taking care of you, but I agree that Cuisinart could do more to support its products. I once had a problem with a different appliance of theirs (Griddler), and they wanted me to pay for shipping on the defective parts, just as you described. So off to Costco I went for an exchange instead. It doesn't seem fair to me to foist such problems on retailers.
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby wayhow » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:46 pm

I agree, Cuisinart should be more customer friendly. In regards to pump problems, maybe the root cause is removing the reservoir to refill and replace. This may cause alignment to fail. I never remove the reservoir -- I use a carafe from an old coffee maker to fill the reservoir and not chance misalignment. I am not saying this is the reason I have not had any problems with my Cuisinart but it eliminates one potential problem. Hope you have better luck with your next one.
wayhow

Postby jbviau » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Welcome to you, too, wayhow.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby wayhow » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks.
wayhow

Postby thinkertdm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:01 am

Hey everybody!
I am experiencing the same problems everyone else is with the Cuisinart SS-700 (short cup, loud noises, etc). I loved this machine while it lasted!
We purchased this machine in November of last year (Nov 2010). The box and receipt are long gone. I am certainly not going to pay to ship my dying friend back to Cuisinart, so the only choice is Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
1. I can't find any solid information on their return policies to the store (just saw some really good experiences, but I want to be sure before I head out to the store hauling this big heavy hunk of junk). Can I return it to the store for either a refund or an exchange for a different model? After a google search, am I definitely not going to go the Cuisinart route again!

Thanks!
Tom
thinkertdm

Postby jbviau » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

Welcome, Tom. Maybe a print-out of the charge on your credit card statement would work in lieu of a receipt. I haven't returned anything to BBB for quite a while, though, so I'll let someone else chime in.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby ab2320 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:16 pm

thinkertdm - sorry to hear of your troubles as well. This is such a nice looking machine - sad that it performs so poorly and that the Cuisinart warranty is so lousy. I would call your local BBB and find out exactly what the return policy is - that is what I did. However, I did have a receipt so my scenario was a bit different. These things ARE heavy, which is exactly why I refuse to pay shipping to return to the manufacturer. (Besides the fact that I shouldn't have to spend a penny or a second of my time on a defective product).

wayhow - I have tried the method you suggest. This thing just malfunctions ALL the time no matter how I fill it. I've even tried allowing it to stay on all night in case the auto shut off was causing issues. It has about a 30% success rate no matter how it is used. Very disappointing to say the least.

Has anyone tried the Breville or know anything about their customer service? I like the stainless options so much better and Keurig doesn't offer one like that.
ab2320

Postby eqshadimar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

I had one instance of my SS-700 not pulling any enough water and acting weird and it was after I removed the tank to refill it. I took the tank off and emptied it, re-seated it on the machine making sure that both the charcoal filter and the bottom of the tank were firmly seated, filled it again with water using a pitcher, went through the first time use setup again and everything worked fine.

Since then I only re-fill using a pitcher. I have only had mine for about a month though.

Laters,
Jeff
eqshadimar

Postby ab2320 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Just thought I would post a quick update:

I decided to return my SS700 to BBB for a cash refund. I took the money and went to Costco and purchased the same thing, only packaged for them and called SS-780PC. I had read elsewhere that this model was perhaps produced after the pump was 'fixed' and people were having better experiences. Because I really like the water capacity and look of this machine, I thought I would give it a shot. The box from Costco has a sticker on it that says "Packed 01/2011" and has a slightly different owners manual. Also, the part that holds the filter has been redesigned a bit (the cover is hinged) though I am on the fence if it is better or not. Otherwise, it looks exactly the same. From the first brew cycle, I could tell that the pump sounded a little different - a bit quieter than my old one. Who knows if this really does mean it is a different pump or if it will be any more reliable. For now, it is working great so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will udpdate in a few weeks after it has been put to the test (we use it to brew about 7-10 cups a day).

Anyone else have the Costco model and what has your luck been with it?
ab2320

Postby bassace » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 pm

ab2320 wrote:Just thought I would post a quick update:

I decided to return my SS700 to BBB for a cash refund. I took the money and went to Costco and purchased the same thing, only packaged for them and called SS-780PC. I had read elsewhere that this model was perhaps produced after the pump was 'fixed' and people were having better experiences. Because I really like the water capacity and look of this machine, I thought I would give it a shot. The box from Costco has a sticker on it that says "Packed 01/2011" and has a slightly different owners manual. Also, the part that holds the filter has been redesigned a bit (the cover is hinged) though I am on the fence if it is better or not. Otherwise, it looks exactly the same. From the first brew cycle, I could tell that the pump sounded a little different - a bit quieter than my old one. Who knows if this really does mean it is a different pump or if it will be any more reliable. For now, it is working great so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will udpdate in a few weeks after it has been put to the test (we use it to brew about 7-10 cups a day).

Anyone else have the Costco model and what has your luck been with it?

I exchanged mine at BBB on Saturday do to the pump not drawing water issue. I also noticed the change in the manual, the filter holder and the sound of the pump. Mine new one was packed on 12/20/2010.
Keurig Vue, Cuisinart SS-700, Tassimo 1000, Bunn MC Home, Rancillio Sylvia v1 with Auber PID, Rancillio Rocky Grinder
bassace

Postby jbviau » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

ab2320 wrote:Anyone else have the Costco model and what has your luck been with it?

A little more info. re: the SS-780: cuisinart-ss-700-vs-ss-780-t8318.html
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Next

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines