Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

SS-700 Internal Tank?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

SS-700 Internal Tank?

Postby EFaden » Thu May 13, 2010 9:25 pm

How do you empty it? Or can you? When I move in a couple of weeks what should I do to make sure that water doesn't come pouring out of the thing in transport. I was going to just empty it and stick it back in the box. But it seems that the internal tank is unemptyable.
EFaden
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

Postby jar » Thu May 13, 2010 9:29 pm

Very likely it is not possible to empty it, but it also holds little water. Empty the reservoir and run a last cycle, then put the cooled unit in a plastic bag and try to keep it upright.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
User avatar
jar
 
Posts: 3244
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:29 pm
Location: Texas!!!

Postby EFaden » Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 pm

jar wrote:Very likely it is not possible to empty it, but it also holds little water. Empty the reservoir and run a last cycle, then put the cooled unit in a plastic bag and try to keep it upright.


I thought about that, but I also thought that I may just be able to stick it back in the original box. The issue with that is the unit is on its back when the box is upright. I was worried that the water may come out.
EFaden
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

Postby EricBNC » Thu May 13, 2010 9:48 pm

put it in the box - then store the box on the side that provides for the machine to be upright - label the box with "this side up" stickers in this position and it should travel fine.
User avatar
EricBNC
 
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 pm
Location: North Carolina

Postby EFaden » Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 pm

EricBNC wrote:put it in the box - then store the box on the side that provides for the machine to be upright - label the box with "this side up" stickers in this position and it should travel fine.


Thanks for the advice. Seems like a poor design, but I think this is what I am going to do.
EFaden
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

Postby btmoore007 » Fri May 14, 2010 9:05 am

Two person approach??? One person pick it up and bring it over near the sink and the other quickly pull the tank off and dump into the sink. If you have it at an angle very little water if any should come out depending on how full the tank is.

I recently changed my filter and thought I had to remove the tank and also wondered about this. Luckily I didn't need to remove the tank.

Good Luck!
btmoore007
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:44 pm

Postby jbviau » Fri May 14, 2010 9:13 am

A while back I saw something on the K-cup Exchange about this. It involved fussing with the floater in the tank so that the machine thought the water level wasn't low and then hitting the brew button, thereby emptying the boiler (at least partially). Some tilting of the machine might have been involved also. Could be worth a try?
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
User avatar
jbviau
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Postby jbviau » Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 am

jbviau wrote:A while back I saw something on the K-cup Exchange about this. It involved fussing with the floater in the tank so that the machine thought the water level wasn't low and then hitting the brew button, thereby emptying the boiler (at least partially). Some tilting of the machine might have been involved also. Could be worth a try?

Right, here's a link to a similar suggestion:

http://community.qvc.com/DiscussionDeta ... fault.aspx

Not sure if the SS-700 works the same way as the B70 in this regard...
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
User avatar
jbviau
 
Posts: 7803
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Postby taltos » Fri May 14, 2010 9:46 am

jbviau wrote:
jbviau wrote:A while back I saw something on the K-cup Exchange about this. It involved fussing with the floater in the tank so that the machine thought the water level wasn't low and then hitting the brew button, thereby emptying the boiler (at least partially). Some tilting of the machine might have been involved also. Could be worth a try?

Right, here's a link to a similar suggestion:

http://community.qvc.com/DiscussionDeta ... fault.aspx

Not sure if the SS-700 works the same way as the B70 in this regard...
Thanks for posting this, it worked on my defective B77 so that I could store it for emergencies.
taltos
 

Postby EFaden » Fri May 14, 2010 10:02 am

jbviau wrote:
jbviau wrote:A while back I saw something on the K-cup Exchange about this. It involved fussing with the floater in the tank so that the machine thought the water level wasn't low and then hitting the brew button, thereby emptying the boiler (at least partially). Some tilting of the machine might have been involved also. Could be worth a try?

Right, here's a link to a similar suggestion:

http://community.qvc.com/DiscussionDeta ... fault.aspx

Not sure if the SS-700 works the same way as the B70 in this regard...


The thing I would worry about with doing that would be that the machine may use the water as a coolant. If it is expecting to have water, but doesn't get it in theory could overheat.
EFaden
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am


Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest