Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Problem With Keurig Vue

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Problem With Keurig Vue

Postby TJ_Shopper » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:01 am

Hi. I am new to the board. Found you through a search to try to fix my Keurig Vue. Against my better judgment, I bought a Solofill V2 to use with my Keurig Vue. The Solofill V2 allowed me to use K-cups in my Vue. Unfortunately, after two weeks' of usage, my Vue does not work now. It pumps twice and then finish as if it's done. I know I've read that there is a thread on here to maybe fix the problem with a paperclip. I've tried searching but could not find it. Perhaps I'm searching for the wrong thing :( . Also, I'm not sure it's the brew head, it sounds like the pump might be clogged? I don't know. I just know that it was working fine until I started to use the Solofill V2. People on Amazon where I ordered it said it created this problem, but of course, I figured it was just user error LOL. Well, I guess I'm one of those user error. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated! I NEED my coffee! Thank you!
TJ_Shopper

Re: Problem With Keurig Vue

Postby rhfil » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:28 am

The paperclip solution is for when some grounds get sucked up into the needle in the center of the head, the one that produces water for the cup, to unblock any grounds that are stuck. I am not sure if the Solofil causes pump failure. You might call Solofil and see if they have any reports of a problem. But I doubt if they would admit to it if they did.
rhfil

Postby TJ_Shopper » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:34 pm

Thank you. Do you happen to know where I can find the link to see how to use the paperclip trick on the needle head? I am so lost. I have the vue 700 and I took out the brew head tray and tried to look inside to find the needle but truly have no idea what I am looking for. Thanks again!
TJ_Shopper

Postby mlaterza » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Hello TJ_Shopper, I am having the same problem with my Vue and was wondering if you figured out a solution to your problem.
mlaterza

Postby TJ_Shopper » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Yes I did. I posted it on another posting on this forum. I showed a picture of the area to poke the paperclip. It worked beautifully. I've done it twice now. The first time was totally clogged and I successfully unclogged it with the paper clip and ran it through about five times without coffee to clean it out. Then about a week ago, the flow was slow so I poked it again and it's fine.

Let me know if you need any help. Be more than happy to help.
TJ_Shopper

Postby mlaterza » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:04 pm

@TJ_Shopper, thank you, I saw the picture of where to use the paper clip in your other post. The question I have is how did you get the needle exposed like that in order to do it? It doesn't seem like the plastic part where you insert the Vue cup is removable and it is definitely in the way of getting at the needle.
mlaterza

Postby TJ_Shopper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi. What you need to do is lift the top piece up like if you were going to put in a vue cup. Then, turn the coffee maker to the left so that the front of the unit is facing the side. When you do that, you can look into the coffee maker and see the needle with the hole on top like I have in my picture. Use a large paperclip because there isn't a lot of room to stick your hand and the paperclip in to poke the hole. But, there is room for you to carefully poke the paperclip in the pin hole. If I don't make any sense, let me know and I can take a picture to show you how I have my coffee maker facing.

Good luck. :D
TJ_Shopper

Postby mlaterza » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Great, that worked! For some reason, I thought you had to remove the top assembly to get at the needle, but I don't think its removable--I just needed a longer paper clip. Thank you so much--stopping at the store every morning for coffee on the way to work is costly and too time consuming...I'll definitely be returning that K2V adapter, obviously you can't use it with K-cups, and using it with your own grinds always produces an extremely watered down cup of coffee even when filled all the way up.
mlaterza

Postby TJ_Shopper » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:24 pm

Fantastic. Glad it worked. I ran through about five cups without coffee to clean out the loose grinds. It really does do the trick. I've been using the Solofil adaptor and love it. My friend bought a vue coffee maker and when he went to go buy the Solofil adaptor, they are out of stock. Ebay has it for $80 - ridiculous!

Anyway, I'm glad it worked.
TJ_Shopper

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews