Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Martinson RealCups

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Martinson RealCups

Postby jbviau » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 am

Just in case some of you don't check the main page daily, SH is in the process of reviewing these. For example: http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/041314.php
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Re: Martinson RealCups

Postby ACS Coffee » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 pm

Feedback from our customers has been almost exclusively positive for this product line. Well roasted coffee in all the classic blends, for a great price! "Extra Bold" types are invited to examine the Dark Roast (11.5g), French Roast (11.5g) and Donut Shop (11g).

It's worth noting that the proprietary RealCup technology employed by these capsules allows for a small amount of the fines (water-insoluble coffee particulate) pass into the cup for a more full bodied, rich brew. Their filter system was designed in part to emulate a French Press, in this manner.

I've really taken a liking to the Martinson product line - If anyone is interested, I invite you to visit our site for more information, and maybe even drop me a line using our contact form if you'd like to give 'em a try. Cheers all!
Proudly selling our own line of gourmet coffee pods alongside a host of other quality products
Alternative Coffee Solutions
ACS Coffee

Postby Black Rose » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:09 pm

One thing I liked from those Martinson reviews (besides the coffee reviews) was the confirmation (at least for me) that the RealCups are basically a OneCup with the extra shell around them.
That's not a knock against them, I really like the Martinson coffees (and other RealCup coffees) I've tried so far (I'd say about 70% of the coffees in our house now are either OneCup or RealCup based).

It explains why I found the RealCups were diluted when brewed on the 12 oz setting, versus the 9 oz setting I have to use with the OneCup based coffees.
Bunn My Cafe MCU
Retired: Tassimo T45, Keurig B70 Platinum, SunCafe H701A
Black Rose

Postby jbviau » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Devil's advocate question: is *any* k-cup-type product good at 12 oz.? That's asking a lot!
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby Black Rose » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:17 am

jbviau wrote:Devil's advocate question: is *any* k-cup-type product good at 12 oz.? That's asking a lot!

I guess it depends on how you like your coffee.

Neither one of us likes super-strong coffee, so we normally brew the actual K-Cups for our travel mugs at 12 oz and OneCup & RealCup at 9 oz.
Bunn My Cafe MCU
Retired: Tassimo T45, Keurig B70 Platinum, SunCafe H701A
Black Rose

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews