Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

My Breville Milk Frother adventures.

Cups, grinders, products, accessories, storage, gadgets, and other coffee related products.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

My Breville Milk Frother adventures.

Postby vespacar » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Here goes my story. Being in Canada I usually order a lot of my toys in the US due to it being cheaper, both in shipping and cost. So just before Christmas a refurbished Breville Milk Frother comes on sale on fleabay from a private seller $20. less that usual. So I jump on it. Go over to my mailbox in Niagara falls, NY and pick it up and take it home. Unpack it and plug it in. As you can guess, nothing happens. Could have been dead when sent or damaged in transit. So at this point I've got 2 choices. Either sent it back to the seller ( which means my next trip to the US and a ebay dispute) or send it to Breville in Canada ( which is listed on the photocopied manual). I decided to send it to the Canadian distributor with a note on what happened and see what happens, I figure that they'd fix it and charge me a service charge. Well a week later I get an email saying the the unit is defected and they'd be sending me a new one. So what a nice surprise and today it arrived and guess what, they sent me a brand new machine. Now that's service way beyond on what I could hope for. So if you do pick one up (at least in Canada) and something happens you will be well taken care of. BTW it makes a great latte and I can do my big mug in one shot.

Cheers,
vespacar
Lavazza Blue LB 2312, Grindmaster OPOD, Nespresso Le Cube,
Breville "The milk Cafe" frother, Cuisinart SS-700C
vespacar

Re: My Breville Milk Frother adventures.

Postby jbviau » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:50 pm

That's great. Very nice of them! I might have to try out something like this eventually since my espresso machine (with steam wand) is in storage.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby vespacar » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Now that I've had it for a few days here's some impressions of this machine. This machine holds a lot of milk (2 cups = 16oz = 500ml) at one time . The biggest downfall to my Aerocinno is that I'd have to run 2 to get the same amount of milk heated (or run 1 twice) thank god for eBay and buying a few used cheaply after my Aerocinno plus kicked the bucket after a year and a bit. The Breville is a lot louder (due to the cooling fan running) so the Aerocinno wins on that count. It might seem that it takes longer to heat the milk with the Breville but it's heating up more milk and I can control the temp of the milk on the Breville as to on the Aerocinno it's done when it's done. So the Breville wins on that account unless you use 2 Aerocinno's at the same time to heat up the milk, but still I love the temp control on the Breville. Now tothe clean up, and here's where the Breville really shines. Rinse out the Breville milk container, soapy wand the inside and clean the mixer and your done, or if you can't be bothered you can put it in the dishwasher. The Aerocinno is a whole different ball game. First you rinse. Then look for the burnt milk at the bottom (which there always seems to be), clean the mixer (easy) then try and clean out the burnt milk (hard). For me the Breville is really the next evolution of the automatic milk frother. Nespresso and Starbucks would be better servicing their customers by selling this great machine. Don't feel too bad for the Aerocinno's that I own, they will be making it down to my mom's nespresso machine to join her Aerocinno plus for when my sister and her husband and kids wake up for morning Latte's and espresso's. They need to have 3 Aerocinno's going at the same time!

As to my previous post, you can see that the customer service is up to the nespresso standards that we like to have. So if you need a milk frother, keep Breville in mind.

Cheers,
vespacar
vespacar

Postby rahl1972 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 am

I just ordered one the other night. I wanted another option for steaming two or there cups worth of latte milk at one time for when I have guests. It will pair nicely with the Keurig Rivo. Another reason I picked it is because I never have thought the other frothers get the milk hot enough to my liking. I have been told that on the highest setting that this is not a problem with the Breville.
Keurig 2.0 K500
Breville One Touch tea maker
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
Breville Dual Boiler espresso machine
rahl1972

Postby vespacar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:56 pm

I've not even gotten near the highest setting. Having said that I'm really enjoying the steam wand on the Lavazza blue. That steamer heats up the milk in no time and is so easy to use. The Breville takes longer but is so easy to clean, and when you have guests over, nothing even comes close.

Cheers,
Tross
vespacar

Return to Coffee Accessories