Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

K-cups in a Bunn My Cafe (MCU)

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: K-cups in a Bunn My Cafe (MCU)

Postby gicohen3431 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:28 pm

I have REALLY been enjoying the new drawers upgrade to my MC. LOVE the flexibility.

Comments elsewhere are right on about the shortcomings, but I can work with what we now have.

Looking at the "puck," what grind are you using?

Any additional thoughts on cleaning the grounds holder?

Thanks, (finishing my Misto Ristretto Ethiopian Kaffa Forest - great aroma, body, flavor and mouth),

Gary
gicohen3431

Postby jbviau » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:44 pm

Glad you're liking that coffee, Gary. Water Ave.'s version of the same lot was even better.

For the MCU's ground coffee drawer, I use a pretty standard drip grind--just a few clicks finer than what I go with in the Trifecta. If the particles seem large in that pic it's probably due to post-brew swelling.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby can80an » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 am

ricoffee wrote:Unfortunately we've been told it won't be available to us here in Canada until the New Year, both the MCU and the separate drawers to use with the MC. We're extremely impressed on the quality of cup you get from the K-cup drawer and more so the ground coffee drawer. Can't wait to get them in!

Any idea when these units might be showing up for sale on the RI website now that we are well into the New Year?
Bunn My Cafe
Keurig B70 Platinum
Keurig B60 Special Edition
Melita one:one - Retired
Keurig B100
can80an

Postby starryeyes » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:30 pm

can80an wrote:
ricoffee wrote:Unfortunately we've been told it won't be available to us here in Canada until the New Year, both the MCU and the separate drawers to use with the MC. We're extremely impressed on the quality of cup you get from the K-cup drawer and more so the ground coffee drawer. Can't wait to get them in!

Any idea when these units might be showing up for sale on the RI website now that we are well into the New Year?

Yes, I'd like to know this as well. After all I'm severely lacking in ways to make coffee. :P The grounds drawer has me interested the most.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby GmanJenks » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:32 pm

starryeyes wrote:
can80an wrote:

Yes, I'd like to know this as well. After all I'm severely lacking in ways to make coffee. :P The grounds drawer has me interested the most.

I am in on this request as well. Some serve up some ground coffee drawer love for the Canadian members. Patrick? Chad? Anyone???
GmanJenks

Postby JavaMonkey80 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:47 pm

I sent RI an email a couple weeks ago about the MCU or the drawer accessories and they emailed me back a few days later saying that they didn't know when they'd be getting either one. So I am really interested in knowing too. If anyone can shed some light on this subject soon would be greatly appreciated.
JavaMonkey80

Postby jbviau » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 pm

I have an email in to Amanda@Bunn about this and will let you all know if I hear something.
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 am

^^^ The best Amanda can offer right now is "hopefully soon." She/they are working on it.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby JavaMonkey80 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:54 am

Aww man! Well that's a disappointment. I was hoping for a better answer than that. Thanks for keeping us informed.
JavaMonkey80

Postby jbviau » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:31 am

No worries. It's going to happen eventually. In the meantime, maybe you all should meet up at Gary's mother-in-law's place in Winnipeg to try out her MCU? 8)
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby GmanJenks » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:23 pm

jbviau wrote:No worries. It's going to happen eventually. In the meantime, maybe you all should meet up at Gary's mother-in-law's place in Winnipeg to try out her MCU? 8)

Josh, sadly I haven't even tried out the grounds drawer at the MIL's place. I am really beginning to think the quickest way will be to order from Bunn and drop ship to a U.S. address and then head for some cross border shopping and pick it up on our way.
GmanJenks

Postby orionreplay » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 am

I have just seen this Bunn in our local Lowes. It had the appearance of being rather well built and it just looked nice. But the $150-something price tag kept me from just yanking it off the shelf and home.

Those with the machine, what are your thoughts now that you've had it awhile? When I do see the adapter, it does seem like it might be a little clumsy. Does it work well?
orionreplay

Postby jbviau » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:27 am

I've only used the k-cup adapter 5 times or so, but I find it works well. Not hard to operate. Not flimsy. If you're a clean freak, you'll want to brew using a taller mug to catch "spray" since the coffee comes out of the adapter with more force than usual. IMO It's great to have the ability to brew k-cups on "pulse" at 200 degrees.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby sweaner » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 am

Onion, look for a sale at Lowe's. I have seen them for about $130.
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby starryeyes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Just for my Canadian friends information culturedcoffeebean just got these drawers in. They are a bit pricey but what else is new. I'll be ordering a couple of them for sure. I don't think I'll bother with the hot water drawer.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

PreviousNext

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines