Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Weak Coffee

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Weak Coffee

Postby modsiwevoli » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:40 pm

We recently purchased a Keurig B70. I love it, but the other people in the house prefer extremely weak coffee and can't find a k-cup that they like. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the coffee weaker or recommend a k-cup?
modsiwevoli

Re: Weak Coffee

Postby GmanJenks » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:52 pm

What cup size are the brewing? Usually brewing a larger cup is enough to weaken the coffee, I have never known anyone that has complained that they haven't been able to brew weak enough coffee. Many people complain that it is too week except on the smallest setting.
GmanJenks

Postby VydorScope » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Yea the Keurig in my experience brews fairly weak. You could try brewing twice per K-Cup :)
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby jbviau » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:10 pm

^^^ Welcome, modsi. Right, use more water and less coffee. Re: less coffee, this table may come in handy:

jbviau wrote:...here's a breakdown of how much ground coffee k-cups contain for future reference (NB: the weights below are pre-brew averages with 4 grams subtracted for packaging):

Typical k-cups: 9 grams
Extra bold k-cups: 11 grams
Rogers OneCups: 11 grams
Starbucks k-cups: 12-13 grams
"Travel mug" k-cups: 13 grams
Barista Prima k-cups: 14 grams
revv: 14 grams
"Brew Over Ice" k-cups: 14 grams

It's also possible that your housemates are just reacting to the bitterness of a darker roast, so you might try something in the light-medium range.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews