Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New K-Cup Storage System

Cups, grinders, products, accessories, storage, gadgets, and other coffee related products.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

New K-Cup Storage System

Postby CPP » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Introducing the Coffee Pod Pad. http://www.coffeepodpad.com
A buddy of mine and I have been working on this for a little while and we were looking to get some honest feedback. We understand it is not for everyone but anyone with a smaller kitchen or is not interested in displaying their pods like they are artwork we think it is pretty good.
It can be mounted inside cabinet doors, under cabinets or to any flat surface.
It is currently available in black or tan, we are considering do a white one but wondering if we should consider any other colors?
Also we sell it in 3 packs so it stores 27 pods, we think that is a reasonable number of pods for a storage system, what do you think?
I’m working on getting a promotional code for SSC forum members so if anyone wanted to buy one you could get one at a 35% discount from Amazon. Once the code is active I will come back and update the post.
I guess the real reason we are asking is we have prototypes for V-cups, CBTL, and Starbucks pods and we are debating spending the money to put those into production or not.

Any and all feedback is welcomed.
CPP

Re: New K-Cup Storage System

Postby VydorScope » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Well you might want to work on your terminology. :) You are talking about "pods" but you have "K-Cups" in the picture. I assume you really mean K-Cups? If you say pod in your Amazon listing you will confuse your customers and they might order the wrong thing, which will lead to RMA's for you.
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby jbviau » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Welcome, CPP.

Vincent, I'm sure you could stuff a soft pod inside each of those holes, too, no? ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby CPP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for the feedback Vincent, unfortunately the word K-cup is a registered trade mark for GMCR and we have had a few discussions already with them about the use of it.

Also I did get the promotional code activated in Amazon for forum members and readers. It is good for $7 off our regular pricing, so you can get a Coffee Pod Pad™ for $12.99 +S&H.

[Mod note: see here for details]
Last edited by jbviau on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited cross-posted info.
CPP

Postby sweaner » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:44 am

Yes, do not even put the letter "K" in the name!
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby VLee » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:10 pm

VydorScope wrote:Well you might want to work on your terminology. :) You are talking about "pods" but you have "K-Cups" in the picture. I assume you really mean K-Cups? If you say pod in your Amazon listing you will confuse your customers and they might order the wrong thing, which will lead to RMA's for you.

Agreed. I have a pod brewer and get really annoyed when I go to look up pods or pod holders online, and half of the results are for k-cups which are a totally different animal.

That said, I'd like to find a decent POD. Right now all of my pod boxes are lined up like little soldiers on the back ledge of my stove, which is pretty precarious :o .
Bunn My Cafe MCA, Clever Coffee Dripper, Senseo - original recalled & replaced, Original Melita cone
VLee

Postby CPP » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Again sorry about that but unfortunately GMCR is a huge beast and pretty protective over the use of K-cup. I can only image what Sweaner went through with his invention, ours only holds the darn things can’t image how aggressive they are when your product competes directly with the K-cup. “Coffee Capsule Pad” just doesn’t roll off the tongue.
CPP

Postby kcup4ever » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:48 am

I was told you can use the term K-Cup Packs and not get into trouble, Think this is quite clever ,
kcup4ever

Postby Orangezorki » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm

FWIW, I'd be interested in a version that stores Tassimo T-discs, especially if they worked with both the small coffee and large milk ones.

David
Orangezorki

Return to Coffee Accessories