Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Dark Matter

Reviews and information on good 'ol beans and grinds

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Dark Matter

Postby Daisey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 am

My favorite new coffee is called Dark Matter from a Chicago based coffee roasting company. Now, don't let the name scare you, because it's a wonderful delight. I tried it at a neighborhood coffee shop and I was rewarded with a lovely natural tasting coffee, with no bitterness or bite to it. I would compare it to Starbucks Aged Sumatra that came in that little copper tin box. Mmm!

Just a note. I have lost interest in Starbucks overall because the coffee seems to have changed a lot. I have been looking for this special aged Sumatra and their Gazebo Blend (to no avail) before I found Dark Matter. There is no K-Cup option, but naturally Keurig users can use any coffee with the refillable K-Cup gadget.

http://www.darkmattercoffee.com
Dark Matter Coffee
738 N. Western Ave.
Chicago, IL 60612
Phone 773-697-8472
Daisey

Re: Dark Matter

Postby jbviau » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:12 pm

There's certainly no shortage of good coffee in the Chicago area. Thanks for the heads up.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby tyed2423 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks for the link. The coffee looks really good, may have to give one or two a try. If nothing else, I love their names!
tyed2423

Postby jbviau » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:02 pm

^^^ Welcome!

Incidentally, one of Dark Matter's coffees made it onto a Chicago coffee blogger's top 25 list for 2012: http://www.cornerofthecafe.com/friday-f ... e-of-2012/
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby coffeefan6 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:10 pm

I have only been once, but I really enjoyed Dark Matter. I stopped in once and had their single origin Peru and loved it! Thanks for reminding me of it, i almost forgot :wink:
coffeefan6

Return to Other Coffee Reviews