Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Time for a new machine I think

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Time for a new machine I think

Postby LYU370 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Been gone from the boards for a while, glad to see things are still going strong. Haven't really been following the SSC world to much, but wouldn't ya know it, the good old Bunn MCP looks like it's starting to kick the bucket. Re-calibrated it numerous times to no avail, now it seems that IT has decided how many ounces to dispense, slider be damned. My first MCP lasted just under two years and this one is the warranty replacement. Now this one has been going strong daily for about five years now.

Anyone have any quick tricks to get it working again? Should I send it in for service? Or should I get the latest and greatest out there? What is the latest and greatest out there these days?
Andy

Old Bunn finally died. New Bunn working like a champ.
LYU370

Re: Time for a new machine I think

Postby dsharp88 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:40 pm

LYU370 wrote:Been gone from the boards for a while, glad to see things are still going strong. Haven't really been following the SSC world to much, but wouldn't ya know it, the good old Bunn MCP looks like it's starting to kick the bucket. Re-calibrated it numerous times to no avail, now it seems that IT has decided how many ounces to dispense, slider be damned. My first MCP lasted just under two years and this one is the warranty replacement. Now this one has been going strong daily for about five years now.

Anyone have any quick tricks to get it working again? Should I send it in for service? Or should I get the latest and greatest out there? What is the latest and greatest out there these days?

I replaced my MCP with the MCU. More versatile (K-cups, grounds, pods) and never gives the wrong amount because it puts out what you put in it.
dsharp88

Postby jbviau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Sorry to hear it!

I'd recommend getting in touch with Amanda@Bunn, who's always very helpful (for example, see the quote below from a recent thread):

Amanda@BUNN wrote:Rachel,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your MCP. Would you mind giving our Tech Services group a call at 217-718-5163 or 800-286-6070? Hopefully we can solve the problem!
Amanda

Yes, the MC and MCU are worth checking out! Outside of podland, people seem to like CBTL as well.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby LYU370 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Well, I just picked up a Bunn MCU at Lowes. Looks like they're on sale for $127.99.
Andy

Old Bunn finally died. New Bunn working like a champ.
LYU370

Postby jbviau » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Nice deal! I see that price online at http://www.lowes.com, too. Free in-store pick-up or free shipping (in case anyone else is tempted). Hope you like!
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines