Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

WOOHOO!!!!!!! Found k-cups I actually like! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Postby Canada Girl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 am

Had an Emeril's this morning.... :shock: :shock: :shock: I could feel the coffee going all the way down, and that was with sugar and 5% cream! Wow, it's strong. Apparently Coffee People Jet Fuel and Van Houtte Elipse are even stronger. Seriously, how can people drink that stuff BLACK? Stomachs of steel I guess.

Now sipping Coffee People Donut Shop which has turned out to be on my repeat buy list (very limited to date)...

I also love the Green Mountain Sumatran which can be classified as between medium and dark roasts (Coffee Whiz rates it as a 4 out of 5...mediums are 3, darks are 5).
Canada Girl

Postby Justbcaws » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:03 pm

Canada Girl wrote:Had an Emeril's this morning.... :shock: :shock: :shock: I could feel the coffee going all the way down, and that was with sugar and 5% cream! Wow, it's strong. Apparently Coffee People Jet Fuel and Van Houtte Elipse are even stronger. Seriously, how can people drink that stuff BLACK? Stomachs of steel I guess.

Now sipping Coffee People Donut Shop which has turned out to be on my repeat buy list (very limited to date)...

I also love the Green Mountain Sumatran which can be classified as between medium and dark roasts (Coffee Whiz rates it as a 4 out of 5...mediums are 3, darks are 5).

LOL, it's good black? I don't think jet fuel or eclipse are stronger myself. I think Emerils and double black diamond taste the strongest for me.
Your list looks pretty good for me except for the Sumatra. Something about that coffee I don't like in any brand, not even my Flavia. :D
Justbcaws

Postby Canada Girl » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Sumatrans do have a distinct taste so I can see them not being for everyone. Right now, aside from the k-cups that are likely to burn a whole in my stomach on repeated use, any type which does not taste watery is on my good list. I may get pickier as I narrow the selection...
Canada Girl

Postby Justbcaws » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm

either that or have to make more room for more kinds. :lol:
Justbcaws

Postby JM_Kate » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:20 pm

The same coffee tastes different to me depending on the time of day. I need strong coffee first off , but can't have more than 2 caffeinated cups a day, shift briefly to decaf, but must swing all the way to caffeine-free (herbal teas) by nighttime.

I had my first cup of CP Donut Shop in the afternoon and thought it was too strong. The next day it was my first cup of the morning, and I loved it.

FWIW,

Kathy
Last edited by JM_Kate on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keurig B50
Medium and dark roasts preferred
JM_Kate

Postby Canada Girl » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:38 am

I've now gone through the Tullys and found 2 to add to my list...House Blend and Kona. Bad news is that it is too late to add some to my Coffee Whiz order which I placed yesterday. :cry: Good news is that all the order ships to me in Canada today via Fedex. :D From the experiences of others, it should take about 1 week to get to me....
Canada Girl

Postby Canada Girl » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:10 pm

........hmm, definitely seing a trend here since I've loved every Kona I've tried (Timothy's (though a tad weak), Coffee People (though that one needed 5% cream vs. my usual 2% milk), Green Mountain, Tully's). I also loved the Tully's Madison. So, to sum up, here are k-cups I would buy by the box:

- Coffee People Donut Shop
- Coffee People Kona Island
- Green Mountain Kenyan AA
- Green Mountain 10% Kona
- Green Mountain Sumatran Reserve
- Newman's Own Special Blend
- Timothy's Kona
- Timothy's Sumatran Gold
- Tully's Madison
- Tully's Kona
- Tully's House
- Bellaccino Hazelnut Cream (WOW)

For the teas:
- Celestial Seasonings Mandarin Orange
- Timothy's Decaf Green
- Timothy's Chamomile (though not as good as Gloria Jean's)
- Gloria Jean's Chamomile
Canada Girl

Postby Canada Girl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:33 am

... add Timothy's Mocha Java and Timothy's Ethiopian Kimsaa to my list of repeat buys! I really wasn't sure about those since they aren't extra bold (but are medium roasts), but I decided to buy a box each on faith. Fortunately, I love both! Also really like the Coffee People Cowboy Coffee....
Canada Girl

Postby can80an » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:42 pm

Canada Girl wrote:... add Timothy's Mocha Java and Timothy's Ethiopian Kimsaa to my list of repeat buys! I really wasn't sure about those since they aren't extra bold (but are medium roasts), but I decided to buy a box each on faith. Fortunately, I love both! Also really like the Coffee People Cowboy Coffee....

Sip the Kimsaa slowly, my understanding is that it is being discontinued. You may also want to try Timothy's Nicaraguan Fair Trade Organic and Columbian Dorado, both are a very tasty brew (medium roasts).

Neil ...
Bunn My Cafe
Keurig B70 Platinum
Keurig B60 Special Edition
Melita one:one - Retired
Keurig B100
can80an

Postby Canada Girl » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:25 pm

:shock: oh oh. Well, the Kimsaa was my least favorite (though still a favorite) of the new Timothy's I've recently tried. Top pick would be Mocha Java, then Kona, then the Kimsaa. I did try the Nicaraguan but found it lacking in taste so it won't be a repeat buy. I'll see if I can locate a few k-cups of the Timothy's Columbian Dorado to try. Thanks for the recommendation!
Canada Girl

Postby can80an » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:21 am

Canada Girl wrote:I did try the Nicaraguan but found it lacking in taste so it won't be a repeat buy. I'll see if I can locate a few k-cups of the Timothy's Columbian Dorado to try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Interesting comment on the Nicaraguan, with it being an extra bold medium roast and all .... but hey, there's enough variety out there to keep us all happy.

Neil ...
Bunn My Cafe
Keurig B70 Platinum
Keurig B60 Special Edition
Melita one:one - Retired
Keurig B100
can80an

Postby Canada Girl » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:24 am

There's just some little nuance in the taste that I don't like. I keep on thinking the same, "hey, it's an extra bold medium roast so you SHOULD like it" and giving it another try but it still remains firmly off my repeat buy list....
Canada Girl

Re: WOOHOO!!!!!!! Found k-cups I actually like! WOOHOO!!!!!

Postby CoffeeDude403 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Any one know where you can purchase, Nicaraguan Fair Trade Organic EXTRA BOLD here in Calgary? I have tried most of the Superstores, many other grocery stores and all the Timothy's World stores, and none of them seem to carry it, help!!!!! lol
CoffeeDude403

Re: WOOHOO!!!!!!! Found k-cups I actually like! WOOHOO!!!!!

Postby jbviau » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Previous

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews