Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

The official non-Keurig/aftermarket/knock-off "k-cup" list

Write your reviews of K-Cups and Vue Packs you find here.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: The official non-Keurig/aftermarket/knock-off "k-cup" li

Postby bltman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:26 am

I saw from ECS Coffee’s email list that they are going to be selling coffee varieties from “The Jetsetter Coffee Co” with catchy names like the Red Eye, Breakfast on Board, etc. Some digging shows the trademarks registered to a Canadian importer so I assume this is simply a made up name.
bltman

Postby jbviau » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks, bltman. Please give us a heads up when these are released.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Added the Comobar ComoCups, which seem to be soft-bottomed (hence the need for individual wrapping) but are also partially covered by a plastic frame underneath (see here for a good view).
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby TomC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Walgreens / Duane-Reade has added their own line of k-cups under their premium private label,"Good and Delish".

They are calling the line "Daily Best" and it's available in 3 roasts at present:
    "Daily Perk" light roast
    "Morning Rush" medium roast
    "Dark Spark" dark roast

Conventional k-cup type shell and 100% Arabica coffee, but no roaster listed on the box. Unsure of the interior design, but as you can see from the package photo and the webpage, they are calling them k-cups, not Keurig compatible. The Keurig registered trademark is on the box, but not the new "Keurig brewed" logo. Best by dates on the boxes were early Dec 2013 and a box of 12 retails for $6.99.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/good-% ... 05-product
At Work: Bunn MCU, CBTL Kaldi, Aeroccino 3
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby jbviau » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks. I'll add it. The link isn't working at the moment [update: loads fine in Firefox but not in Chrome for some reason], but Google helped me find an image or two.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby tassimoelr » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 am

We came upon these:

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnlin ... rod1790039

And they have become our favourite. Looks like PC has some other varieties as well.
tassimoelr

Postby rhfil » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Has anyone ever compared these house brands that have similar roasting and packaging to see if they are not the same beans with different wrappings? I just wonder if they are going to the trouble of shipping the beans or grounds around to get packaged by some processor or are they just buying the processors packaged cups with their house labels on them. I doubt if they all have invested in the machinery to package their own grounds in cups.
rhfil

Postby jbviau » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:01 am

tassimoelr wrote:We came upon these:

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnlin ... rod1790039

And they have become our favourite. Looks like PC has some other varieties as well.

Thanks, and welcome! Yup, these are already listed in the first post of this thread (and also here).

rhfil, agreed that some of that absolutely has to be going on. Let's just say that I wouldn't leap to do the sort of investigative testing you're asking about in my not-so-abundant spare time. 8)
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Added Sturm Foods' Caza Trail.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby Black Rose » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 pm

rhfil wrote:Has anyone ever compared these house brands that have similar roasting and packaging to see if they are not the same beans with different wrappings? I just wonder if they are going to the trouble of shipping the beans or grounds around to get packaged by some processor or are they just buying the processors packaged cups with their house labels on them. I doubt if they all have invested in the machinery to package their own grounds in cups.

I have some of the soft bottomed pods from Club Coffee, PC (Great Canadian & Medium Roast Gourmet), and Rogers Family (San Fran Bay) and they all have the exact same plastic band on them, so they are obviously using the same supplier.

The packaging for Club Coffee pods does not indicate where they are processed, but I would assume they are processed in Canada considering how large of an operation Club Coffee has and the amount of private label coffees they produce.
The box for the PC ones say they are processed in Canada, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are being packaged for them by Club Coffee.

I have tried several different products from the three brands I noted below, and I have not yet come across a blend that tasted the same across the brands.
Mind you I haven't tried every offering each brand has available yet, but of the ones I have tried, they were unique in their taste profiles.
Bunn My Cafe MCU
Retired: Tassimo T45, Keurig B70 Platinum, SunCafe H701A
Black Rose

Postby GmanJenks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:26 am

bltman wrote:I saw from ECS Coffee’s email list that they are going to be selling coffee varieties from “The Jetsetter Coffee Co” with catchy names like the Red Eye, Breakfast on Board, etc. Some digging shows the trademarks registered to a Canadian importer so I assume this is simply a made up name.

Josh, these are available now. I tried the Classic Diner blend this morning and thought it was a good solid cup of Joe. One of the best aftermarket cups I have tried.
GmanJenks

Postby jbviau » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:44 am

Thanks! Added.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Added the Gevalia fluted cups.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks. Added/updated. Is there anything unusual about the insides of these k-cups? The fluting makes me wonder.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

PreviousNext

Return to K-Cups & Vue Packs - K-Cup | Vue Pack Reviews