Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2012

Put your promotional codes and discounts on single serve coffee here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2012

Postby jbviau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Agedsumatrafiend wrote:Anyone notice that Nespresso is offering $100 in coffee credits on account with the purchase of any machine worth more than $200? It's available until sometime in January.

I bought a U bundle with Aeroccino for $249 - 15% bonus at Williams-Sonoma on Black Friday plus the $ 100 mail in offer towards future coffee purchases. Seems like a sweet deal to me. My first SSC machine!

I just wish others could off alternative coffees to the Nespresso lines.

Down the hatch,

Geoff

Nespresso U bundle
Starbucks Barista Aroma drip coffee makers
Estro "Profi" combo machine (espresso/cappuccino/burr grinder in one)

^^^ Welcome! Check your local Bed Bath & Beyond, maybe, e.g. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=204756 (discussed here)
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby jgantert » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:43 pm

Ordered the Jamaican Me Crazy and Sumatra Pods. Quick shipping, and got a free plastic mug and two flavored 12-cup portion packs (thanks!).

Only tried the Jamaican so far, and it was good, if a little heavy on the rum flavor. Standard pods, each individually sealed. Worked great in the OPOD. Would recommend.

Only downside is they ship UPS out of Secaucus, NJ which is almost guaranteed to cause a 1 day delay in shipping. That's a particularly bad UPS hub (google it).

-John

gicohen3431 wrote:Hi,

As a retailer (Office Coffee Service) we have enjoyed success with the Barrie House Coffees. Last year, they revamped their offerings to include the symmetric pods.

These are now sold through a Facebook store. Specials today include lower prices AND free shipping.

http://barriehousestore.aradium.com/

The Donut Shop Blend has been a raving success in our area. Seems to exceed the tastes for those who like Dunkin and WaWa coffee.

Happy coffee!
Gary
OPOD, Dolce Gusto (at home)
Bosch TAS4511, Melitta one:one MES5B (at work)
jgantert

Postby jbviau » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:47 pm

Ha! You know you order a lot of stuff online when you're a shipping connoisseur (as I look in the mirror).
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby TomC » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:40 pm

jbviau wrote:Ha! You know you order a lot of stuff online when you're a shipping connoisseur (as I look in the mirror).

Ain't that the truth!
30 minutes before I placed my last capsule order with Meinl, I placed an order with Nespresso.
Nespresso ships via UPS from Clearwater, FL (2 hours away, even in traffic) Meinl via FedEx from Vienna, Austria.
The Meinl order beat the Nespresso delivery to my door! Go figure.

gicohen3431 wrote:Hi,

As a retailer (Office Coffee Service) we have enjoyed success with the Barrie House Coffees. Last year, they revamped their offerings to include the symmetric pods.

These are now sold through a Facebook store. Specials today include lower prices AND free shipping.

http://barriehousestore.aradium.com/

The Donut Shop Blend has been a raving success in our area. Seems to exceed the tastes for those who like Dunkin and WaWa coffee.

Happy coffee!
Gary

Based upon your recommendation, Gary, I placed an order for the Donut Shop Blend. I also received a travel mug and some samples of their Holiday flavors. Thank You.
If you are a coffee drinker who enjoys a light roast ala Original 8 o'clock, Maxwell House, Choc Full O Nuts etc., these might be your 'Go To' pods.
For example: Based upon some of your review comments, Josh, I think your wife would enjoy these.
Using the pulse cycle on the MCU, these 10 gm. pods made a basic but enjoyable 6 oz cup of morning coffee. Beat the Donut House pods hands down. A somewhat generic cup without memorable high notes, but also without any glaring deficiencies, it just simply gets the job done like a decent cup of restaurant coffee. A good choice to have around for guests. I'll definitely reorder these to have around to bring to work when I'm running late and haven't had the time (or was too lazy) to make up any of my own pods.
At Work: Bunn MC, CBTL Kaldi, Aeroccino 3
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby jbviau » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:13 pm

TomC wrote:Based upon some of your review comments, Josh, I think your wife would enjoy these...

Thanks for the tip! Re: Meinl, that's amazing.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby jgantert » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:52 am

jbviau wrote:Ha! You know you order a lot of stuff online when you're a shipping connoisseur (as I look in the mirror).

Well, most stores up there use Fedex (coffeewiz, newegg, etc). I'm sure that's why.
OPOD, Dolce Gusto (at home)
Bosch TAS4511, Melitta one:one MES5B (at work)
jgantert

Previous

Return to Sales & Discount Codes