Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Nespresso Pixie or U - which would you choose?

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Nespresso Pixie or U - which would you choose?

Postby sheellah » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 am

I have the Pixie but ordered the U as I got an awesome deal on the set with the Aerocinno. I want to sell one of them but which? If you had the same choice which of these machines would you keep, and why?
sheellah

Re: Nespresso Pixie or U - which would you choose?

Postby jbviau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 pm

You weren't too interested in the U before, I see! ;)

post93828.html#p93828

Why not try it out and then decide? Don't know that it has any features I'd find especially appealing--plus, I don't like the look.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby sheellah » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:47 pm

I was mostly not interested in it before as I thought it was made in China. I called Nespresso and I asked where is made as I saw it listed as made in China, Hungary and Switzerland. I asked them which is correct and they said all three. I said---huh? It was explained that the parts are made in Switzerland and then they are assembled in either Hungary or China. I also asked about the branding as I've seen photos of it with DeLonghi and Krups on the part that holds the cup and I've seen it unmarked. I was told the only one made by DeLonghi was the Latissima (sp.), so I'm still confused about that one.

I was hoping to get some feedback on these two machines as to which the posters here prefer. Has anyone been able to try them both? What does this site think of the U? Thanks :-)!
sheellah

Postby sheellah » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm

I went to see the U in Bloomies and I don't care for any of the colors. The cream is too yellowish, the orange is too rusty and the gray is a funny color with a greenish cast. I like the black the best but it's too much black and too drab. I think I might keep the Pixie as it looks better and is more substantial. The U seemed flimsy when I picked it up. The U might be a tad quieter but I'm not liking all that plastic. At least the Pixie is totally made in Switzerland. I might change my mind again - but hey - I'm a woman and therefore allowed to...LOL!
sheellah

Postby pigbat » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:15 pm

I know this seems like a very minor thing but I really like the automatic ejection of the pod on the U. I also like having the magnetic attached water tank off to the side. It makes removing it to refill extremely easy. I researched both the U and the pixie before making my decision and I have no regrets. We brew 4-6 pods a day and its holding up to our abuse.
pigbat

Postby sheellah » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 am

Pigbat, which color did you get? I wish they made them with a brushed metal front and more colors. I find the colors a bit odd on the U. I don't mind the lever on the Pixie. One less thing to go wrong with not having a motor eject the capsule.
sheellah

Postby pigbat » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:38 pm

I went with the grey. I didn't care much for any of the other colors. Black was my second choice if grey was unavailable. I did like the titanium pixie but after using them side by side I opted for the U.

It has an Instagram filter applied but you get the idea. http://instagr.am/p/RnGNPfyxPK/
pigbat

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines