Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Eight and a half hours to go...

Non-coffee related subjects and just general chit chat you might have over coffee.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Eight and a half hours to go...

Postby VydorScope » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 am

There was a point in my life when you could have told me this day would come and I would had a good laugh at your expense... but in just about 8.5 hours (6pm EST) my entire family (Me, wife, son) will be testing for our BLACK BELTS! That is right, this little Karate thing that we started as a natural treatment for our son's hyper activity and lack of focus has matured in to a family of trained killers! :twisted: Kiya!! :twisted:
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Re: Eight and a half hours to go...

Postby jar » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:04 am

Neat. Let us know how it goes.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby evelbug » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:16 am

Congrats. There is a Taekwondo club on my base and I have just started. My oldest daughter is in a preschool program at a local TKD school, but will be moving up into the regular program this summer. My goal is to stay just a little ahead of her.
---
Rik "EVEL Bug" Crosby
Keurig B60 at home, Krups 1010 retired, Aeropress in the trailer, Bodum French Press at work
evelbug

Postby jbviau » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 am

Knock 'em dead (not literally)! Yeah, we've thought of starting my 4-year-old in some martial art (to be determined). How old is your son again, Vincent?
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby VydorScope » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

My son just turned 9. That makes him among the youngest black belts in the style (not the youngest, but in the upper ...errr...lower? echelon). He started when he was five. At that time he was probably just a little to immature, but that will vary child to child. The school is an MMA style based around Karate, and something like 10 different martial art forms. Mainly we choose this school because of their strong family focus not for effectiveness of the style although it is a good one.

We will also be testing for first yellow in Aikido after Thanksgiving. That is our next Black Belt Target. :D
Vincent
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
VydorScope

Postby jbviau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 am

I assume more testing was needed? 8)
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby VydorScope » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:06 pm

jbviau wrote:I assume more testing was needed? 8)

LOL Sorry! Nope! Not only did we pass, but each of was called out by different instructors for special honor. Here are some of my favorite pictures from my son at graduation:

Vincent
VydorScope

Postby jbviau » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Sweet! Nunchucks!
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby VydorScope » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm

jbviau wrote:Sweet! Nunchucks!

Yep we all tested with Nunchucks as our weapon of choice. My public service note about them is ... do not try to stop them with your head! :shock:
Vincent
VydorScope

Return to Coffee Talk - Chit Chat