Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Caffe Vergnano Espresso For Nespresso?

Review Nespresso, Dolce Gusto, Lavazza, CBTL, and other espresso capsules here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Caffe Vergnano Espresso For Nespresso?

Postby sheellah » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:28 am

I did a search but nothing came up. I just saw this at BB & B and was wondering how good these capsules were. There's one awful review on Amazon. With their 20% off it's a much better deal, but not if it's not up to the quality of the Nespresso caps. Love their Ristretto! Anyone try these?
sheellah

Re: Caffe Vergnano Espresso For Nespresso?

Postby jbviau » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Interesting! Will look into this more later. For now, I'm moving the thread to "espresso capsules" and leaving a link to BBB's listing (NB: free shipping on these with no apparent minimum despite a notice to the contrary): http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=204756
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby dsharp88 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm

jbviau wrote:Interesting! Will look into this more later. For now, I'm moving the thread to "espresso capsules" and leaving a link to BBB's listing (NB: free shipping on these with no apparent minimum despite a notice to the contrary): http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=204756

I don't know if they're the same as L'or capsules from France, but both the packaging and the capsules themselves look similar.
dsharp88

Postby jbviau » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

They're both individually wrapped, but I think these are different. Here's a good look at the Caffe Vergnano capsule: http://www.espresso.caffevergnano.com/EN/capsules.html
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Update: I ordered a 10-pack of their Intenso through BBB online. Just received confirmation; at $4.99 shipped, how badly could this go? ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby TomC » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:22 am

jbviau wrote:Update: I ordered a 10-pack of their Intenso through BBB online. Just received confirmation; at $4.99 shipped, how badly could this go? ;)

What... No 20% off coupon, Josh? Or did you forget?
You must have gotten one of the last they had in stock of the Intenso. It is now marked as Out of Stock on the website.
I ordered a 10 pack of the Arabica Espresso 1882 Capsules for $3.99 shipped. Why not? We'll see.
At Work: Bunn MCU, CBTL Kaldi, Aeroccino 3
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby jbviau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:14 am

Oops! It's not like me to miss a deal. I forget: for 20% off online do you have to call? Next time, maybe...
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby sheellah » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:52 am

I'm so glad you guys are trying this. I'm surprised though that I'm the first to mention it as this site usually knows of releases in advance and are sent samples to try and review. I would try some but I'm really stocked up on Nespresso caps. I didn't even realize there was any other choice in capsules. I knew many had tried, but I thought Nespresso had successfully upheld their patent rights. I see now that there are also refillable capsules. Are any worth considering? One of the reason I do like the Nespresso though is that it's so easy, and if it's a hassle to do your own capsules, then that defeats the purpose.
sheellah

Postby TomC » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:16 am

sheellah wrote:I'm so glad you guys are trying this. I'm surprised though that I'm the first to mention it as this site usually knows of releases in advance and are sent samples to try and review. I would try some but I'm really stocked up on Nespresso caps. I didn't even realize there was any other choice in capsules. I knew many had tried, but I thought Nespresso had successfully upheld their patent rights. I see now that there are also refillable capsules. Are any worth considering? One of the reason I do like the Nespresso though is that it's so easy, and if it's a hassle to do your own capsules, then that defeats the purpose.

I like the Eco Capsules aka EMO Home as well as the CoffeeDuck. I use all of them interchangeably on a daily basis. See link new-3rd-generation-eco-capsules-for-nespresso-t9423.html All wok equally as well, with the ECO Caps and EMO Home caps taking the edge because of pricing IMHO. I'm fairly loaded up myself between Nespresso, Meinl and Illy capsules as well, but for 4 bucks, why not?
At Home: Bunn MCU, Nespresso D-120 Citiz with milk, Francis-Francis X-7, Cuisinart DBM-8 grinder, Perfect Pod Maker, various vintage vac pots, French presses, auto drip pots, gadgets and manual pour-overs
TomC

Postby jar » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:30 am

TomC wrote:All wok equally as well, ...

Do you make Thousand Year Old Eggs in your Wok of Ages? :P
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jbviau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 am

sheellah, I don't think any one person could keep on top of everything that's happening in single-serve lately, especially with the aftermarket developments. We depend on observant members like you! So thanks for posting.

jar, a Chinese student of mine had us over for dinner back in our Chicago days and proudly served one of those eggs during the meal. I was polite, but the memory of that thing still haunts my dreams.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby TomC » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 am

jar wrote:
TomC wrote:All wok equally as well, ...

Do you make Thousand Year Old Eggs in your Wok of Ages? :P

Good one!
Damn I-phone and fat fingers :P...
Wasn't sure you were still reading the Nespresso forums since you donated yours to the Seniors.
Did the same with my B-40 last week. Hope they enjoy it, they seemed pretty happy when I gave it to them.
I just wasn't in the mood for the aggravation of dealing with fleabay this time of year. Just didn't seem worth it. Probably will if I decide to part with the OPOD though.
TomC

Postby rhfil » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 pm

You two know how to wok the audience.
rhfil

Postby jbviau » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 pm

jbviau wrote:Update: I ordered a 10-pack of their Intenso through BBB online. Just received confirmation; at $4.99 shipped, how badly could this go? ;)

Shipped. Should be here on Weds. Just in time, as I'm running low on capsules, and I'm tired of the Kazaar I'm finishing up.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby TomC » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 am

jbviau wrote:Shipped. Should be here on Weds. Just in time, as I'm running low on capsules, and I'm tired of the Kazaar I'm finishing up.

Lucky you, I've been out of Kazaar for quite a while. Mine have also shipped, but since they have further to travel won't arrive until Thursday probably.
TomC

Next

Return to Espresso Capsules and Capsule Reviews