Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Pat's T-disc reviews

Review Tassimo T Discs here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: Pat's T-disc reviews

Postby starryeyes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:17 pm

* Gevalia Signature Crema

I know this will disappoint a lot of people who favour this brand but this cup is not for me. In fact except for a couple of their darks, this brand isn't for me. I find this coffee watery and almost undrinkable. Strong grassy/earthy notes detected while drinking this cup. This is a medium roast and while it has a nice head of foam there is little else for me to really enjoy. This is another cup that I'll enhance with a shot of espresso in order to get through the pack. This disc made about an 8 oz cup of coffee and I drank it black. I would not buy this again.
Last edited by starryeyes on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby hotwasabipeas » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:43 pm

Thanks for the review. I too was interested in trying the Signature Crema but I was hesitant because I really disliked the Gevalia Signature Blend T-Disc...now I know that I did myself a favor in not buying some. :)
SB Verismo 580, Tassimo T65, Keurig B70 & Vue V700, Nuova Simonelli Oscar: My website: http://www.planetwasabi.com
hotwasabipeas

Postby starryeyes » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Yeah, I had bought both the Signature Blend and Crema at the same time. I had so enjoyed Carte Noire's Signature and I thought it would be similar. Oh well, I guess you don't know unless you try.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby starryeyes » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:05 am

** Kenco Medium roast

Interesting since I expected more after getting a whiff of the odour coming from the coffee bag. This is a medium roast
coffee, grassy in taste with some hints of tobacco like taste in the background. Cup does have a bit of a bite which quickly disappears as
the coffee cools. There is a bit of a unpleasant lingering aftertaste that lingers after the cup is finished. I drank this cup black
and it make approx. 180 ml. of weak coffee. I really should have given it one star but we'll see. I only had one sample and will buy more so I
can try it with cream which I think would solve a lot of its problems. Rated in the low twos since it lucked out. Will buy a couple more samples
to try in the future but other than that, I don't think this one will be on my rebuy list.
starryeyes

Postby hotwasabipeas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:17 pm

The Kenco Medium Roast was not one of my favorites either...too weak in flavor as you've described. Anyway if you want a really good T-Disc you have to try the Voluptuoso Corsé. It's, without a doubt, the best cup of coffee I have had from ANY single-serve machine. It's really yummy! Also the King Of Joe Cappuccino is the best cappuccino for the Tassimo...it's got the best flavor by far (better then the Maxwell House and Gevalia versions).
SB Verismo 580, Tassimo T65, Keurig B70 & Vue V700, Nuova Simonelli Oscar: My website: http://www.planetwasabi.com
hotwasabipeas

Postby GmanJenks » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 pm

I wish the two of you had spoken up about this one last week, I just got a box last night. I didn't try them this morning but will have too soon. Pat, if you want a couple more to try let me know and I can send you a couple of mine.

Gary
GmanJenks

Postby starryeyes » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:40 pm

hotwasabipeas wrote:The Kenco Medium Roast was not one of my favorites either...too weak in flavor as you've described. Anyway if you want a really good T-Disc you have to try the Voluptuoso Corsé. It's, without a doubt, the best cup of coffee I have had from ANY single-serve machine. It's really yummy! Also the King Of Joe Cappuccino is the best cappuccino for the Tassimo...it's got the best flavor by far (better then the Maxwell House and Gevalia versions).

I bought a couple of other King of Joe samples which I haven't tried yet. I've not tried their cappuccino. I find the milk pods make quite a mess. Maybe it's just the way the machine is designed and how the milk pod is pierced but I find milk all over the place when I remove it. Also I'm not that keen on the taste but it is still drinkable. I prefer no sugar in my drinks so I just use my Jura ena 9 when I want a cap or latte.
I haven't bought any Maxwell House or Nabob. They are available in my local grocery store so I imagine I'll pick them up one day. The Gevalia coffees have been a disappointment other than the darks. Who puts out the Voluptuoso Corse by the way? I've not seen it in any of the places I've ordered from.
starryeyes

Postby starryeyes » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:44 pm

GmanJenks wrote:I wish the two of you had spoken up about this one last week, I just got a box last night. I didn't try them this morning but will have too soon. Pat, if you want a couple more to try let me know and I can send you a couple of mine.

Gary

Maybe you'll enjoy it more than me. Thanks for the offer. Maybe I'll take you up on it after Christmas. I must have some samples whether pods or t-discs that you haven't tried that I can send you in return?
starryeyes

Postby jar » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 pm

starryeyes wrote:
hotwasabipeas wrote:The Kenco Medium Roast was not one of my favorites either...too weak in flavor as you've described. Anyway if you want a really good T-Disc you have to try the Voluptuoso Corsé. It's, without a doubt, the best cup of coffee I have had from ANY single-serve machine. It's really yummy! Also the King Of Joe Cappuccino is the best cappuccino for the Tassimo...it's got the best flavor by far (better then the Maxwell House and Gevalia versions).

Who puts out the Voluptuoso Corse by the way? I've not seen it in any of the places I've ordered from.

Carte Noir.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby starryeyes » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:26 pm

*** Second Cup Paradiso

Similar to the dark version but with less smoke. This cup seems more like a medium-dark than a straight medium roast. This disc makes quite a flavourful strong cup of coffee with a bit of a bite. Winey in taste with little lingering aftertaste. Not as good as the dark version but still a solid cup of coffee. This disc makes approx. a 9 oz cup and I drank it black. I would definitely buy this one again.
starryeyes

Postby GmanJenks » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 pm

starryeyes wrote:*** Second Cup Paradiso

Similar to the dark version but with less smoke. This cup seems more like a medium-dark than a straight medium roast. This disc makes quite a flavourful strong cup of coffee with a bit of a bite. Winey in taste with little lingering aftertaste. Not as good as the dark version but still a solid cup of coffee. This disc makes approx. a 9 oz cup and I drank it black. I would definitely buy this one again.

Pat, I really wanted to like this one but it is just too smoky for me. I have been a little disappointed that I haven't found many light or medium roast T-Disks.
GmanJenks

Postby Jayca » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Cadbury

** Hot Chocolate - lacking in chocolate taste. Sweetness level not bad. Wouldn't buy again.

Here is a little tip to try with the Cadbury hot chocolate. Try running the disc under hot water for about 20-30 seconds before putting it in the brewer. Seems to get more of the chocolate out of the disc. Also if you like a Mocha Latte try the hot chocolate disc added to the Nabob Latte. Very good.
Jayca

Postby starryeyes » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:44 pm

*** Carte Noire Long Espresso

I really had a problem deciding on a rating on the cup. When rated against other Carte Noire flavours than it pales in comparison but it stands up to other brands so there your go. This drink makes about a 4 oz cup with a good head of foam on top. Not nearly as good as my espresso machine makes but still fairly decent. The drink lacks that espresso bite and is smoother than expected, lacks personality, but still makes a fair drink. I waivered between two and three stars and since I'm in a generous mood today it gets three. I drank this one black and I would not buy again.
starryeyes

Postby starryeyes » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:54 pm

** Nabob Espresso

I've never been a fan of Nabob coffee so this particular t-disc was better than expected. You get your typically strong dark coffee taste with a nice layer of crema. This espresso has quite a bite and I found I needed to add
cream to smooth out the flavour. With the addition of cream it became quite pleasant though I noted a bitter aftertaste once I was finished. These were left over espresso discs from the latte package. I would not buy this brand of espresso again.
starryeyes

Postby starryeyes » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:41 am

** Jacobs Caffe Crema Intensiv

This makes approx. a 4 oz cup of coffee. It was smooth but rather bland in taste. It did have a nice head of froth.
This was suppose to be fairly strong but for me it was rather weak in taste. I drank this one black. So disappointed because I had higher expectations.
starryeyes

PreviousNext

Return to T Discs and T Disc Reviews