Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Lattissima Plus Clean-up Concerns

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Lattissima Plus Clean-up Concerns

Postby CappuccinoAddict » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:14 am

I'm a newbie to espresso makers and currently have a Tassimo which I've become increasingly unhappy with. After tasting Nespresso at a nearby store I know I want one of their brewers and love the concept of the Lattissima Plus. However, I'm concerned about the amount of clean-up required for the milk frother. I plan to only have a cappuccino every other day so I'm not sure I'd want to keep milk in the container for that long since they recommend keeping it for a max of 2 or 3 days.

I'm thinking I'd need to clean it after every use - can some owners share their experience?

Would it be enough to run the steam cleaning cycle on the frother and wash the milk container with water after each use along with running the frother parts through the dishwasher once a week?

Thanks in advance for your input!
CappuccinoAddict

Re: Lattissima Plus Clean-up Concerns

Postby jbviau » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 am

Welcome. Not many people here have this machine. Here's a thread with a little discussion of what you're after though: lattissima-plus-1st-impressions-t8991.html
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby Masou » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:44 pm

If you're only making 1 cappuccino every other day, you might want to go with a unit that has a separate, easier to clean frother, like an Aeroccino or Capresso. Then again, if funds are no object and you still want Nespresso check out the Maestria which has a steam wand, which might be less hassle to clean up
Masou

Postby starryeyes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 am

Clean-up is not very time consuming on the Lattissima. Follow the instructions for the system while it's attached. To take apart the milk container is not a problem. It takes only minutes actually and is not as bad as you think. I just wash the container and attachments in soapy water, rinse and you're good to go.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby litlnemo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:39 pm

I have a Lattissima, not a Lattissima Plus, but it's about the same as far as this is concerned. The cleanup is no big deal. If you don't want to keep the milk in the container too long, just don't fill it to the max level. Fill it with about as much as you think you'll need over 2-3 days.

After use, I just run steam through the system, then remove the milk container, wipe the connector pieces with a napkin soaked in hot water, then put the nozzle back on and put the milk container in the fridge, or wash it. It takes less time to do it than it did to type this whole message.

I love the machine -- it's nicer than using an Aeroccino, which I used to have to do. And clean up is less annoying! The Aeroccino used to get this cooked-on milk residue that was a pain to clean up.
Nespresso Lattissima EN660 Red and Nespresso d90/Aeroccino (for sale now that I have the Lattissima)
Current fave drink: espresso macchiato with cream instead of milk. :) Tastes like dessert!
litlnemo

Postby CappuccinoAddict » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 pm

litlnemo wrote:I have a Lattissima, not a Lattissima Plus, but it's about the same as far as this is concerned. The cleanup is no big deal. If you don't want to keep the milk in the container too long, just don't fill it to the max level. Fill it with about as much as you think you'll need over 2-3 days.

After use, I just run steam through the system, then remove the milk container, wipe the connector pieces with a napkin soaked in hot water, then put the nozzle back on and put the milk container in the fridge, or wash it. It takes less time to do it than it did to type this whole message.

I love the machine -- it's nicer than using an Aeroccino, which I used to have to do. And clean up is less annoying! The Aeroccino used to get this cooked-on milk residue that was a pain to clean up.

Thank you so very much litlnemo for your input - especially since you've been using it for 2 years now. Really glad to hear the cleaning isn't a big deal - hoping to get onboard the Nespresso train soon!
CappuccinoAddict

Postby Thomas Davie » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Cleanup is not an issue. At all.

I make 2-3 cappucinos/lattes per.

I run the steam clean function after every use, and once per day I clean the attachment parts for the milk unit.

I've got bad arthritis and I don't find any difficulties.

Tom
Keurig B-50
Bunn My Cafe
Tassimo (a smoking pile of kerosene garbage)
had Melitta 1:1 gave away as a gift
Thomas Davie

Postby TheTourVan » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

I just picked this machine up, but I can say clean up will be a non-issue. Easier than I ever would have imagined.
TheTourVan

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines