Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Samples Anyone?

Where to get your coffee pods online

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: Samples Anyone?

Postby JJW » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Great customer care at ACS Coffee!
Sunday, I was goofed up with my online order so I didn't order over the internet.
Monday evening I called in my order for an assortment of pods.
I called the office number, and Rush got my call, super nice, and he took my order.
He said he would email me a tracking number, and the order should ship out on Tuesday!
Rush made it an easy order. :D

I can't wait to taste test 'em.

Regards,
John
JJW

Postby JJW » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:25 pm

The Pods have arrived.
I tried one so far, the "Colombian Cartel Decaf"
Senseo brewer, brewed an 8oz cup.
Nice strong roast aroma, nice coffee, not "thin" like some Decaf's.
It will be awhile before I try the others, I'm overstocked on coffee now.
Regards,
John
JJW

Postby jbviau » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:37 pm

I sent my wife to work with the Donut Delight yesterday (unflavored, light roast) and didn't hear any complaints. When pressed, she said she liked it! So there you go: a secondhand thumbs up.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby EricBNC » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:36 pm

I am trying the Donut Delight right now. The web site describes this coffee like so:

"This blend features a lighter roast that offers a clean, precise flavor. Convection roasted beans maintain and enhance the natural bean character of the coffee."

It does taste light to medium light roasted but the extraction is good. It isn't a bright or fruity cup, nor is it super sweet. The heart of this pod is found in the mouth feel and body. Nothing offending and the right texture and strength many look for - my wife noted a bit of astringency in the aftertaste that she didn't enjoy. Worth noting but I do not think it is so strong that it detracts from the cup. She is not a big fan of lighter roasted coffee so she may be more sensitive to this than I am.
EricBNC

Postby VydorScope » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 pm

Over all I liked the pods I got as samples. I may order more, but right now trying scrape funds together for Christmas Trip...
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby EricBNC » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:22 am

This morning I tried the Colombian Cartel. The web site description:

"Colombian Cartel blend features a medium roast that allows for a balance of roasting and bean flavors. It's just a few shades lighter than our French Roast."

The aroma of this pod is the best yet for me - both dry and brewed. This one comes alive with balanced acidity - not fruity or floral - probably roasted too dark for that to remain - but present enough to enhance enjoyment of the general sweetness and add a sparkling quality to the mouth feel.

This is a nice pod - thank you for the sample.
EricBNC

Postby Sam3 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 am

Rush,

On the sampler page, under the 'sample choices', which of the Columbian Cartels is the decaf version? The middle one or the bottom one? I'd like to try the decaf versions as that is what my doctor recommends I drink.
Sam3

Postby ACS Coffee » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Sam - Sorry about the discrepancy there. I changed the second Colombian Cartel to the decaf variety. Let me know if you're having any trouble activating the free shipping - I am more than happy to process orders for sample packs manually. You can always PM me here, or message me at rush@acscoffee.com. Or call me at 805-308-9654 - I'm here to help.

To everyone who has been Kind Enough to write reviews of our Pods - Josh, John and Eric - Thank you so much! As a new business, it is great to hear that you guys (and your significant others) are enjoying our coffee. No pressure or anything, but if you anyone felt like reviewing our pods on our website, that would help us out A TON! Many customers visiting our website are unaware of the awesomeness of pods, so I am trying to do everything I can to get the word out.

I'd even be happy to send out some more complimentary pods in exchange for your time and effort. :lol:

In any case, Thanks a ton for trying out our pods!
-Rush
Proudly selling our own line of gourmet coffee pods alongside a host of other quality products
Alternative Coffee Solutions
ACS Coffee

Postby jbviau » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:22 pm

My Bunn MC took a Colombian Cartel with it when it died on Mon. morning. Moment of silence, please. Moral of the story: don't mess with Colombians... 8)
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby ACS Coffee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:13 pm

This is truly a day of mourning :( ...but now you get to buy a new toy right? :D
Proudly selling our own line of gourmet coffee pods alongside a host of other quality products
Alternative Coffee Solutions
ACS Coffee

Postby jbviau » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:32 pm

Nah, already got the warranty replacement on the machine! Bunn's fast.
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Previous

Return to Coffee eTailers