Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New BUNN My Cafe Home Single Cup Pod Brewer

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: New BUNN My Cafe Home Single Cup Pod Brewer

Postby cats3 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:26 pm

smity did you try removing the drip tray and cover to see if your travel mug would fit?
Bunn My Cafe MC
cats3

Postby smity » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:21 pm

Cats3 The travel mug will fit with the drip tray out. Glad no one was looking when I pulled the tray out though, it had goop in it :mrgreen:
Bunn my cafe, refurbed Bunn my cafe mc, Behmor 1600 coffee roaster, refurbed baratza virtuoso, french press
smity

Postby bagmite » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Does the Bunn My Cafe Home brewer have two pod holders for tea and coffee like the MCP and MCA models? Can't find this on the Bunn website and the accessories page does not show a pod drawer for this model. Thanks for any assistance.
bagmite

Postby jbviau » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:18 pm

^^^ Welcome. My MCH only came with one drawer. You used to be able to buy a spare online, so I'll have to check on what might have happened between then and now (on vacation currently and away from the computer).
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby GmanJenks » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:28 pm

bagmite wrote:Does the Bunn My Cafe Home brewer have two pod holders for tea and coffee like the MCP and MCA models? Can't find this on the Bunn website and the accessories page does not show a pod drawer for this model. Thanks for any assistance.

It only comes with one drawer but you can buy an extra. I couldn't find it on too many sites but here in Canada you can get it from Reunion Island http://www.reunionislandcoffee.com/BUNN-My-Cafe-Brew-Basket-p/eq5154.htm so it must be available in the U.S. as well.
GmanJenks

Postby jar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:43 am

GmanJenks wrote:
bagmite wrote:Does the Bunn My Cafe Home brewer have two pod holders for tea and coffee like the MCP and MCA models? Can't find this on the Bunn website and the accessories page does not show a pod drawer for this model. Thanks for any assistance.

It only comes with one drawer but you can buy an extra. I couldn't find it on too many sites but here in Canada you can get it from Reunion Island http://www.reunionislandcoffee.com/BUNN-My-Cafe-Brew-Basket-p/eq5154.htm so it must be available in the U.S. as well.

Also from My Cafe dot com.
My Sister's website: Rose Hill Studio
My Website
jar

Postby Amanda@BUNN » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:34 am

Pod drawers are available at: http://www.mycafe.com/my-cafe-home-pod-drawer

Best Regards,

Amanda
Amanda@BUNN

Postby mbevans » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 am

I am brand new to pod brewing and have had my Bunn My Cafe running almost non-stop for 2 days trying to brew that perfect cup that I hear about. Unfortunately, I am not having much luck. I drink my coffee black and unsweetened and prefer a good tasting medium roast. I have been using the 10g Reunion Island "Sunday Morning" pods. If I am careful to pack the pod into the drawer firmly and limit the water to 5-6oz it's not bad but who drinks 6oz of coffee. It will take me three pods just to fill my travel mug. I chose the Bunn pod brewer over other options out of environmental considerations, lower cost per cup and reviews of superior brewing. However, now my compose bucket is overflowing, my box of 18 pods is empty and I still feel like I need to run out and buy a good coffee. Were my expectations too high?
mbevans

Postby jar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 am

mbevans wrote:I have been using the 10g Reunion Island "Sunday Morning" pods. If I am careful to pack the pod into the drawer firmly and limit the water to 5-6oz it's not bad but who drinks 6oz of coffee. It will take me three pods just to fill my travel mug. I chose the Bunn pod brewer over other options out of environmental considerations, lower cost per cup and reviews of superior brewing. However, now my compose bucket is overflowing, my box of 18 pods is empty and I still feel like I need to run out and buy a good coffee. Were my expectations too high?

A 10g pod should make a nice 6-8 ounce coffee, but it certainly won't do a travel mug sized one. Most "morning" roasts are light roasts.
My Sister's website: Rose Hill Studio
My Website
jar

Postby mbevans » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:22 am

jar wrote: A 10g pod should make a nice 6-8 ounce coffee, but it certainly won't do a travel mug sized one. Most "morning" roasts are light roasts.

The "Sunday Morning" from Reunion Island is described as a medium roast but it still may be on the light side. Regardless, I don't think it should taste watery. I forgot to mention that I have been using the pulse brew option as well.
mbevans

Postby jbviau » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:47 am

mbevans wrote:Were my expectations too high?

Yes! Sorry. Part of being a single-server is becoming used to smaller cups. Search the site for "travel mug" or similar and you'll find you're not alone in your [hopefully not long-lasting] disappointment on this particular issue. These pods you're describing are, indeed, 10-grammers, so 6-7 oz. sounds about right. You could always try the 12-g. "extra bold" pods, which come in a variety of different roast levels and should be able to give you a few more oz. in the cup.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby sweaner » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:08 pm

It sounds like you should be using the grounds drawer, if you have one. You like a bold cup, as do I, and using up to 20 grams of coffee will help you get the cup you like.
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby mbevans » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 pm

sweaner wrote:It sounds like you should be using the grounds drawer, if you have one. You like a bold cup, as do I, and using up to 20 grams of coffee will help you get the cup you like.

Sadly, the grounds drawer is not yet available in Canada (unless you know something I don't). I am tracking the thread that discusses that topic.
mbevans

Postby starryeyes » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 pm

mbevans wrote:
sweaner wrote:It sounds like you should be using the grounds drawer, if you have one. You like a bold cup, as do I, and using up to 20 grams of coffee will help you get the cup you like.

Sadly, the grounds drawer is not yet available in Canada (unless you know something I don't). I am tracking the thread that discusses that topic.

Unfortunately not yet. RI says towards the end of the month. Funny enough Reunion Island got the brewer before the US. I'm patiently waiting for the drawers and can't wait.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9, Cuisinart SS700
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby Stew Pidaso » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Just bought my new Bunn My Cafe. I excitedly set it up. Filled the pour in bowl with 14 oz of good old tap water and pressed the brew button. The water flowed into the warming tank. Refillled the pour in bowl with 14 oz of tap water and pressed the brew button. Water once again flowed into the warming tank. The indicator light has been solid red for well over two hours now. No green light. What is going on?!?!? I purchased this machine because of the high quality I have experienced over the last decade with my other Bunn products . Now this doesn't work right out pf the box!?!?! Any suggestions?
Stew Pidaso

PreviousNext

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines