Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Nesp Variations 2012

Review Nespresso, Dolce Gusto, Lavazza, CBTL, and other espresso capsules here

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Nesp Variations 2012

Postby crcostel » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:14 pm

And they are:

Hazelnut
Macadamia Nut
Coconut

Like the choices this year!

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 63815.html
Nespresso C110 Silver
Keurig B31 Aqua
CBTL Americano Black
Verismo 600 Black
crcostel

Re: Nesp Variations 2012

Postby crcostel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:27 pm

Site is live
http://www.nespresso-us.com/variations/

$0.70/capsule, multiples of 50.

Have to say I'm disappointed in the website - last few years they have had some fun artwork.
Nespresso C110 Silver
Keurig B31 Aqua
CBTL Americano Black
Verismo 600 Black
crcostel

Postby jbviau » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:29 pm

Eh, I like when sites load quickly, so I'm kind of happy about the lack of bloat.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby litlnemo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:17 pm

It has been a long time since I posted here! Anyway, I got two of the Variations this week (arrived one day after order/shipping, even though I only paid for two -- nice!) and they are pretty good!

I think they've done both hazelnut and coconut before, yes? Anyway, these are for you mocha fans. Add some chocolate to hazelnut, you get a Nutella espresso. Add some chocolate to the coconut, you get a Mounds bar espresso. Add some additional orgeat syrup and it becomes and Almond Joy. :)

I tried both hazelnut and coconut with a sprinkle of hot cocoa mix on it (I'm out of the better stuff) and the result is darned good. It's funny, because I don't really like the Livanto (the base of these coffees) by itself, but it's OK flavored. The hazelnut smells great. The coconut one smelled odd to me at first but tasted fine. I haven't tasted either without the sprinkle of cocoa, however.

I'm not typically a flavored coffee drinker, but it is nice to have it around Christmas. And these are good flavors. I still have some of the Cherry ones left from last year because that didn't do it for me at all. These will be gone soon.

Macadamia nut I didn't try, so I'm curious about that.
Nespresso Lattissima EN660 Red and Nespresso d90/Aeroccino (for sale now that I have the Lattissima)
Current fave drink: espresso macchiato with cream instead of milk. :) Tastes like dessert!
litlnemo

Postby jbviau » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 pm

^^^ Welcome back. So where've you been the past two years? ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby litlnemo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Unfortunately I had some serious life stuff pop up just after that, so this is one of the websites I had to set aside for a while. Occasionally I would stop by and read something, but that was it.
Nespresso Lattissima EN660 Red and Nespresso d90/Aeroccino (for sale now that I have the Lattissima)
Current fave drink: espresso macchiato with cream instead of milk. :) Tastes like dessert!
litlnemo

Postby jbviau » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 am

Shawn's review is up on the main page: http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/040956.php

litlnemo wrote:It's funny, because I don't really like the Livanto (the base of these coffees) by itself, but it's OK flavored.

^^^ Forgot to mention before that I feel the same way...
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Return to Espresso Capsules and Capsule Reviews