Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Ready to upgrade from K cups

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Ready to upgrade from K cups

Postby Jakie55 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:12 am

I have had a Keurig B40 elite for almost 3 years, and have a Mr Coffe that is awaiting the recall process. I am thinking about moving to a pod system, and have noticed that the Bed Bath and Beyond in Canada have the Suncana pod brewer for $69.99. What is the word on this unit? Is it worth purchasing? What other options do I have other than Tassimo, and other capsule cups. I am trying to get away from the waste.

John
Jakie55

Re: Ready to upgrade from K cups

Postby Jakie55 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:23 am

Correction: I guess they have the earlier Suncafe model for $69.99. Is it worth buying, compared to the coffee I get out of the Keurig and Mr Coffee?
Jakie55

Postby jbviau » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:39 am

Welcome! Some reading for you:

suncafe-issue-t8331.html
updated-pod-machine-the-suncana-t9288.html

Think I'd hold out for the updated version, personally.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby jar » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:41 am

The best way to answer that is to look at the variety of pods available. I suggest you head over to Shoffee, CoffeeWiz, The Coffee Artisan and Marley Coffee and look at what pods they offer.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby Jakie55 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:50 am

Thanks very much. I am reading, and learning a lot. I will keep on researching, before I purchase. My Keurig and replaced Mr Coffee will keep me going with my Kienna Kup and my K cup, not to mention some of the bold k cups until I decide on my next step. I appreciate your input.

John
Jakie55

Postby VydorScope » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 am

If you hold out a bit longer the new Bunn MC home brews K-Cups AND Pods AND grinds directly. I suspect it will be 79-89 during the holidays.
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby TheCoffeeArtisan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:28 pm

The new Bunn My Cafe MCU will definitely not be in the sub-$100 range for the holidays. Here's a preview of what to expect from Amazon along with a nice picture: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PLQ5H2

Chad
250+ Coffee and Tea Pods from The Coffee Artisan, Fratello, Cafejo, Reunion Island, Baronet, Solera, Organa, City Steam, Barnie's, JavaOne, Melitta and Wolfgang Puck
Bunn, Grindmaster and Baratza Equipment
The Coffee Artisan
TheCoffeeArtisan

Postby Jakie55 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 am

WOW that Bunn unit seems to be able to do it all.....just need to save money. I need to decide if volume of coffee or quality of coffee is most important to me. The jury is still out. But I sure drink a lot of the stuff. :D
Jakie55

Postby VydorScope » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:18 am

TheCoffeeArtisan wrote:The new Bunn My Cafe MCU will definitely not be in the sub-$100 range for the holidays. Here's a preview of what to expect from Amazon along with a nice picture: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PLQ5H2

Chad

:shock:
Huh, called that wrong! :D :lol: Guess there is still time for some whacked out black Friday sale to make me look better! :roll:
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby jbviau » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:21 am

It's the extra drawers that drive up the price, I'm sure, since the machine itself hasn't changed.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby bltman » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 am

Jakie55 wrote:WOW that Bunn unit seems to be able to do it all.....just need to save money. I need to decide if volume of coffee or quality of coffee is most important to me. The jury is still out. But I sure drink a lot of the stuff. :D

Reunion Island Coffee often has the existing Bunn unit on sale in the $69 range, either directly, or through different group buy sites. Just see if you can find it on sale at some point in the next month or so and then buy the extra drawers if you want them at a later date.
bltman

Postby sweaner » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:04 am

Why not try a Pod Holster and brew some pods with your Keurig?
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby Jakie55 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm doing that right now, with the Kienna kup. (supporting local business, in Alberta) I will be trying other pods as well. So far, I am enjoying the pod experience. I guess a pod brewer is not totally necessary. (but since when did that stop anybody? :lol:
Jakie55

Postby Cam » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

The pod brewer will definitely brew the pods better than the keurig though. The Bunn's pulsing feature is excellent if I do say so myself.
Cam

Postby Jakie55 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:17 am

pre wetting, pulse brewing...a whole new language to learn :D I'm having fun! So many toys....to little time (or money)
Jakie55

Next

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines