Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New Keurig Vue brewer [V700]

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: New Keurig "Vue" brewer [B80V]

Postby Black Rose » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:53 pm

jbviau wrote:Welcome! Do you always buy your k-cups in stores then? Given how often this "availability" issue comes up in comparisons of the various single-serve systems, I would love to see some hard data on where people are actually buying these days. Many members here buy online regardless of the format, so I feel like my perspective might be skewed.

I can't speak for tpm1999, but in our case we buy exclusively from B&M stores.

We have a Tassimo and were getting tired of the limited (pre-recall) selection. We only have about 1/3 the T-Disc selection in Canada compared to what the US has.

Being in Canada, shipping from the US, unless you use courier service (which usually incurs brokerage fees), takes about 12 days.
Also shipping within Canada is insanely expensive, so any cost savings on the products purchased from Canadian online vendors are eaten up by the shipping costs (unless you buy $69 - $100 worth of products, then you get free shipping).

We registered our new B70 and have the coupon code from Keurig for the "Buy 2 Get 2 Free" offer.
Because I'm in Canada, I'd have to pay $17 in shipping and brokerage charges just to get my 2 free packs, so it's not really worth the hassle.
The end cost is the pretty much the same as just going to a local B&M and picking up some boxes of K-Cups.
Bunn My Cafe MCU
Retired: Tassimo T45, Keurig B70 Platinum, SunCafe H701A
Black Rose

Re: New Keurig Vue brewer [V700]

Postby tpm1999 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:09 pm

I rarely think ahead enough to buy coffee online. I typically buy at B&M such as walmart or dunkin donuts. Bed bath and beyond isnt that close to my house, so Walmart would definitely have to pick up the Vue before I purchase it.

I would still have my tassimo today even with the lack of starbucks. The lack of robustness in the brewer led me to a simpler system (no barcode, etc) that has less parts to break.

Plus surprisingly I like to run my one cup dry, so I prefer the single fill one cup keurig units.

I am looking forward to cappucino and crema again...if the Vue takes off.
tpm1999

Postby Mamma2.0 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Does anyone KNOW for a fact if the Vue is currently for sale at BBB? If not - what will be the new roll out date? Its a long drive for me to get to a BBB!
Mamma2.0

Re: New Keurig "Vue" brewer [B80V]

Postby bltman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:07 pm

Black Rose wrote:Being in Canada, shipping from the US, unless you use courier service (which usually incurs brokerage fees), takes about 12 days.
Also shipping within Canada is insanely expensive, so any cost savings on the products purchased from Canadian online vendors are eaten up by the shipping costs (unless you buy $69 - $100 worth of products, then you get free shipping).

Try buying $100 in coffee from a Canadian site like ecscoffee.com. As long as you get good expiration dates, you can keep a variety of 7 boxes for 3 to 4 months drinking approx one cup a day. Gets you the selection you want with free shipping.
bltman

Postby Kris » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:21 pm

I just went to BB&B and found nothing on the Vue. googled and found that this model that we're looking at is a "commercial" model. So I would expect that in a half a year the scene will be different with a few high end non commercial versions available, with fewer features. So I think the word is "wait". Being as how both of mine came from GoodWill at $15 or less, I will definitely wait, and depending on reviews, maybe pounce on an early non-commercial model.

I just think it's great fun that Keurig is updating my favorite single serve machine! :mrgreen:
Quickmill Anita, Macap MC4 grinder, Keurig B66(registered), Keurig B77(registered), Redbird beans
Kris

Postby MichFan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 pm

Going all the way back to Page 7 -- the contributor who had the most inside information on this prior to Wednesday (bjr2007) says it will likely be April before these machines hit BB&B due to a recall. Everything else this person has posted has been accurate, so no reason to doubt the timing or the reason for it. Bigbruiser hopefully will chime with his estimate.

It's a shame if this is the case -- it is allowing a vacuum to be created whereby existing KCup customers are complaining boisterously about the format change and there are no Vue owners defending how much better the coffee is and why it's worth the change.
MichFan

Postby jbviau » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Kris wrote:I just went to BB&B and found nothing on the Vue. googled and found that this model that we're looking at is a "commercial" model...

Nope, what you see on Keurig's site is the home version. According to this article, a commercial model won't be released until the fall.

From the article linked above:

"A commercial version of the premium machine for the away-from-home market will debut in the fall that will incorporate Vue packs embedded with RFID technology, designed to simplify the brewing experience and ensure quality and consistency for users who are unfamiliar with the brewer."

The implication is that the home version of the Vue doesn't use RFID.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby kschles » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Josh:

The article you cite also says the V700 is the first of multiple planned home machines. The article also contains the following, which confirms what some have also heard about a possible espresso machine:

Separately, Green Mountain is working with top Italian roaster Luigi Lavazza SpA to make an espresso machine that will be a direct competitor of the Nespresso machines by Nestlé.

Looks like the single-serve world is getting more interesting.
Ken

Aeropress
CBTL Contata, Kaldi
Clever Coffee Dripper
Breville Milk Cafe Frother
Espro Press
kschles

Postby bigbruiser » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 pm

The release date will come once the buzz has been built up and before it dies out....Lol...had to do it...But really....The only reason it hasn't been released yet is because they want to build a buzz around the product as the truth behind it has been in a basically "secret" state from anyone who was not under a confidentiality contract until yesterday. They will advertise it for a bit and then it will be released. The recalled brewer was the "b" model and that brewer will never see the light of day and will not affect the release date. I would keep my eyes peeled near the end of this month and the beginning of next month.
bigbruiser

Postby MichFan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 am

That seems like a poor strategy. The buzz was highest on Wednesday -- both positive and negative. Waiting another couple of weeks to launch this thing means people will realize that KCups are just fine and find other ways to spend their money. In the meantime, Facebook and the web are full of people who are railing against the new format and there is no one defending the machine based upon their experience with it.

In my case, I just got a bonus and am going to do something nice with part of it. If I could go to BB&B and get a Vue today, I would. The PS Vita is launching next week ... very tempting. Spring is just around the corner, wouldn't mind a new grill or adding some landscaping around the house. iPad3 is likely going to be announced next week with pre-orders starting to be accepted. Feb 15th would have been a great day to launch a product like this and capture the leading edge/impulse buyers. Not sure how well Feb 29th-ish is going to work.
MichFan

Postby bjr2007 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:25 pm

MichFan wrote:Going all the way back to Page 7 -- the contributor who had the most inside information on this prior to Wednesday (bjr2007) says it will likely be April before these machines hit BB&B due to a recall. Everything else this person has posted has been accurate, so no reason to doubt the timing or the reason for it. Bigbruiser hopefully will chime with his estimate.

It's a shame if this is the case -- it is allowing a vacuum to be created whereby existing KCup customers are complaining boisterously about the format change and there are no Vue owners defending how much better the coffee is and why it's worth the change.

Following up on this, I haven't heard anything further from my sources on the release date. I do know that BB&B is suppose to be the exclusive retailer for it when it does release. But because of the recall on the machine, its still looking like April as the actual release date. Its pretty amazing the sudden influx of information coming in on the forums... I've been away for a couple days and suddenly there are twice as many pages! lol. I do think its deceptive that Keurig is listing 'Out of Stock' on their website for the Vue brewer when I know confidently that they rushed this newest brewer to market half-baked (again) and as a result they are choosing the advertise that they are "Out of Stock" rather then admit to investors "Sorry, we recalled it already and are trying to keep up our P.R."
bjr2007

Postby hotwasabipeas » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 pm

bjr2007 wrote:
MichFan wrote:Going all the way back to Page 7 -- the contributor who had the most inside information on this prior to Wednesday (bjr2007) says it will likely be April before these machines hit BB&B due to a recall. Everything else this person has posted has been accurate, so no reason to doubt the timing or the reason for it. Bigbruiser hopefully will chime with his estimate.

Following up on this, I haven't heard anything further from my sources on the release date. I do know that BB&B is suppose to be the exclusive retailer for it when it does release. But because of the recall on the machine, its still looking like April as the actual release date. Its pretty amazing the sudden influx of information coming in on the forums... I've been away for a couple days and suddenly there are twice as many pages! lol. I do think its deceptive that Keurig is listing 'Out of Stock' on their website for the Vue brewer when I know confidently that they rushed this newest brewer to market half-baked (again) and as a result they are choosing the advertise that they are "Out of Stock" rather then admit to investors "Sorry, we recalled it already and are trying to keep up our P.R."

Of course GMCR isn't going to admit that they are having big problems with the new brewer. Their stock price is way up since February 1st because of the good sales they had over the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. They would NEVER allow the truth to come out and jeopardize their profits. This is the same company, after all, that has allegations of financial fraud being perpetrated: http://www.sequenceinc.com/fraudfiles/2011/10/green-mountain-coffee-accounting-irregularities-and-other-concerns/
SB Verismo 580, Tassimo T65, Keurig B70 & Vue V700, Nuova Simonelli Oscar: My website: http://www.planetwasabi.com
hotwasabipeas

Postby bjr2007 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Very interesting... thanks for sharing.
bjr2007

Postby kschles » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Seems it doesn't take long for the Buzz to die down if nothing is happening. Keurig take note.
Ken

Aeropress
CBTL Contata, Kaldi
Clever Coffee Dripper
Breville Milk Cafe Frother
Espro Press
kschles

Postby rahl1972 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 pm

There isn't much to talk about yet since it isn't really out yet. I think it sounds about perfect. I'm pretty excited about this one.
Keurig 2.0 K500
Breville One Touch tea maker
Bunn MC
Technivorm Moccamaster
Breville Dual Boiler espresso machine
rahl1972

PreviousNext

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines