Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Van Houtte's Gone.

Where to get your coffee pods online

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Van Houtte's Gone.

Postby Alice2 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 am

No more Van Houtte online ordering for me! Wah. But they said never fear, go to Keurig now. Then I signed in at Keurig. They said that my points would transfer over from Van Houtte, but there were no points nor record of all the $$ I spent this year on VH K-Cups. I emailed them back about it and got this response this time:
Shayla Taylor
Keurig At Home Customer Service
www.keurig.com
1 866 901 BREW (2739)

Two Keurig mini's and NO inclination to spend $16.00 or more on a box of K-Cups. What's a girl to do? Oh, yeah, there was good ol Timothy's . . . . Good enough for a rainy day, I guess. Is there a K-Cup insert that works with the Keurig Mini? I am probably not going to be buying K-Cups anymore unless something different happens with the Van Houtte cups, or another company can match them for quality.

Bum - bum-bum-bum --- BUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM !

:(
KitchenAid Single-- Keurig B30 red-- Keurig B30 black (non-leaking version)-- KitchenAid Compact 4-Cupper ('cute lil' red coffeemaker)-- Mr. Coffee Drip (don't ask why, it just is.) I nailed a re-tread to my feet and I prayed for better weather
Alice2

Re: Van Houtte's Gone.

Postby jbviau » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:37 am

Ack! Wait, why can't you order online through Van Houtte directly again? Need more info. And are you willing to try fighting harder for those lost reward points? I was going to suggest coffeecart.com as a replacement, but then I saw how much they charge to ship to Alaska. :shock: http://www.coffeecart.com/shipping_info.asp
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby Alice2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:19 am

They sent me an email saying they're not doing it anymore -- no more online sales to U.S. customers! This completely blindsided me; I had no idea they were going to do that. I was already balking at the increase in the price of K-Cups but without the discount, forget it! I have a very expensive 2nd Keurig Mini which I bought last year so I would have one at work and at home.
KitchenAid Single-- Keurig B30 red-- Keurig B30 black (non-leaking version)-- KitchenAid Compact 4-Cupper ('cute lil' red coffeemaker)-- Mr. Coffee Drip (don't ask why, it just is.) I nailed a re-tread to my feet and I prayed for better weather
Alice2

Postby Alice2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:31 am

Oh, I could start another "Shipping to Alaska" thread ... Let me just say MOST vendors do not charge different shipping like Alaska is a different country. Most vendors use the U.S. Postal Service who charge exactly the same for shipping to Alaska as for any other state.

Sometimes they'll charge a LITTLE extra, like $5.00 more for any size order, I don't know why, perhaps the smaller villages need tracking slips.

I'll stick with those vendors... I really liked buying all my K-Cups from Bettercoffee.com until I decided I just wanted van Houtte, which they don't carry. Amazon may have some once in awhile but last time I checked their prices they weren't too good.
Alice2

Postby starryeyes » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Alice2 wrote:They sent me an email saying they're not doing it anymore -- no more online sales to U.S. customers! This completely blindsided me; I had no idea they were going to do that. I was already balking at the increase in the price of K-Cups but without the discount, forget it! I have a very expensive 2nd Keurig Mini which I bought last year so I would have one at work and at home.

That's a shame because when I was using K-cups I favoured Van Houtte. I'm wondering if this is some type of licencing agreement with Green Mountain.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby jbviau » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:22 am

jbviau wrote:...I was going to suggest coffeecart.com as a replacement, but then I saw how much they charge to ship to Alaska. :shock: http://www.coffeecart.com/shipping_info.asp

Speaking of, I got an email this morning saying that on 11/12/11 coffeecart.com will cease operations. They recommend using a sister site instead (javia.com), but that site doesn't sell VH. So pretty soon VH will be even more gone.
Josh - Forum Moderator
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
jbviau

Postby bltman » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:59 pm

A couple of points. One - If you have never registered your mini brewer you can do register each one at Keurig.com and get a coupon code for 2 free boxes of coffee per registered brewer. Two - call customer service and complain and insist that they compensate you. Ask to speak to supervisor, etc. Most consumer oriented companies will ultimately make things right, you just need to insist on it.

With Green Mountain's sale of Filterfresh (Van Houtte's US office coffee operation and also owner of coffeecart), looks like they are taking the opportunity to reorient Van Houtte as a primarily Canadian brand. In fact, many of the online Canadian office coffee websites that used to be prohibited from selling Van Houtte are now, as of a couple of weeks ago, selling them in 24 count. So, while the US is losing their access to VH (other than through keurig.com), it is getting easier for Canadians to buy them.
bltman

Postby jbviau » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:08 pm

bltman wrote:With Green Mountain's sale of Filterfresh (Van Houtte's US office coffee operation and also owner of coffeecart), looks like they are taking the opportunity to reorient Van Houtte as a primarily Canadian brand. In fact, many of the online Canadian office coffee websites that used to be prohibited from selling Van Houtte are now, as of a couple of weeks ago, selling them in 24 count. So, while the US is losing their access to VH (other than through keurig.com), it is getting easier for Canadians to buy them.

Good points. Meanwhile, let's not forget that VH is still available in stores like Target and Bed Bath & Beyond here, too, though with the usual more or less limited selection. Will U.S. shoppers be forced to add k-cups to their cross-border shopping lists now along with prescription drugs? ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
jbviau

Postby starryeyes » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:26 am

bltman wrote:With Green Mountain's sale of Filterfresh (Van Houtte's US office coffee operation and also owner of coffeecart), looks like they are taking the opportunity to reorient Van Houtte as a primarily Canadian brand. In fact, many of the online Canadian office coffee websites that used to be prohibited from selling Van Houtte are now, as of a couple of weeks ago, selling them in 24 count. So, while the US is losing their access to VH (other than through keurig.com), it is getting easier for Canadians to buy them.

Do you mean instore because it always has been easy for Canadians to buy VH through their website or various other Canadian online stores at least ever since I bought my Keurig. VH has also been available through the Metro grocery store chain for some time now. I don't know if other grocery stores carry it.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby bltman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:33 pm

starryeyes wrote:

Do you mean instore because it always has been easy for Canadians to buy VH through their website or various other Canadian online stores at least ever since I bought my Keurig. VH has also been available through the Metro grocery store chain for some time now. I don't know if other grocery stores carry it.

VH has always been available at Metro, the Bay, Sears, Bed, Bath & Beyond, future shop, etc. in the 18 count packs (and now metro in the 12 count pack). Selection has always been limited to a half dozen varieties and never the 24 count packs.

Other than Tweed & Hickory (which is overpriced) no one else was ever able to sell the 24 packs of VH. Recently, ecscoffee.com, and rmcbeverage.com have started carrying it. Both of these places offer the entire spectrum of Keurig offerings (except for Wolfgang Puck).
bltman

Postby starryeyes » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Cafe Breville has had a limited supply for quite some time at least since 2008 and Singlecup.ca had them since they opened but it looks like they don't have K-cups anymore. So there were places in Canada if you looked for them. Whether they came in 12, 18, or 24 it didn't matter. They still were easy to obtain. I always bought them from the VH website when I was using my Keurig brewer.
starryeyes

Postby bltman » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Single Cup got in trouble with Green Mountain for selling to consumers direct from their website and hence don't carry any k-cups on their site anymore.

While VH has been the most available K-cup brand in Canada, it has the same 8 varieties that are easily carried everywhere (including Breville). However, VH Amizonia, Africana, Nepolitano, Midnight Express, Honduras, Pink Ribbon, Sumatra, and Costa Rica were nearly impossible to find anywhere other than at VH's own website. The point of my post is that this has now changed.
bltman

Postby starryeyes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:31 am

bltman wrote: However, VH Amizonia, Africana, Nepolitano, Midnight Express, Honduras, Pink Ribbon, Sumatra, and Costa Rica were nearly impossible to find anywhere other than at VH's own website. The point of my post is that this has now changed.

And my point was it was always easy for Canadians to buy VH. Now it was different for Americans. They couldn't even get VH k-cups initially until it slowly started to open up. Of course they were always able to order from the website. Now that door is closing for them which is a shame. But there is no point arguing. I hope Alice is able to source these from somewhere.
starryeyes

Postby EricBNC » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Maybe we could start an "Occupy Green Mountain" protest to keep Van Houtte available here...
EricBNC

Postby starryeyes » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:08 pm

Isn't Timothy's another one that they pulled from the American market? Surely to God these two companies couldn't have been that much of a threat to GMC sales of their own coffee brand.
starryeyes

Next

Return to Coffee eTailers