Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Bialetti Brikka

Cups, grinders, products, accessories, storage, gadgets, and other coffee related products.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Bialetti Brikka

Postby dcupstateNY » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Wasn't sure where to ask this question, but thought I'd try here. Does anyone own/have experience with the Bialetti Brikka? I currently own the Moka Express, and now, have been contemplating purchasing the Brikka. Looks cool (checked out some Youtube vids), but I'm more interested in how it performs/quality of the coffee it produces.

Man, I've got way too much time on my hands :roll:
Aeropress,La Pavoni Europiccola,Mypressi Twist V2,Technivorm Drip,GrindmasterGPOD,Bodum press pots,Hario/Melitta/Bonmac pour-overs,CCD,Bialetti Moka Express,Nespresso Citiz w/Milk, Baratza Preciso,OE LIDO/Pharos grinders,Pino/Hario kettles
dcupstateNY

Re: Bialetti Brikka

Postby zrrrzzt » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:37 pm

I have one, and I like it.
The coffee is great, it manages to produce a kind of crema, but nothing that would pass the sugar test.
I've tried different grind sizes but ended up with the one recommended in the user manual, quite coarse.
Is it better than the good old Moka? Not sure. More like same same but different :-)
Reviews: Pods | Nespresso | Dolce Gusto
Wilfa svart, Saeco xsmall, Bialetti Brikka and Venus, AeroPress, French Presses, Handpresso Wild, CCD, Hario V60-02, Chemex, Kalita wave, Zero, Behmor 1600, Mugs of Excellence
zrrrzzt

Postby dcupstateNY » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:30 pm

Cool ... I like different, as long as it is good! Do you have a 2 or 4 cup Brikka?
Aeropress,La Pavoni Europiccola,Mypressi Twist V2,Technivorm Drip,GrindmasterGPOD,Bodum press pots,Hario/Melitta/Bonmac pour-overs,CCD,Bialetti Moka Express,Nespresso Citiz w/Milk, Baratza Preciso,OE LIDO/Pharos grinders,Pino/Hario kettles
dcupstateNY

Postby zrrrzzt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:01 am

dcupstateNY wrote:Do you have a 2 or 4 cup Brikka?

4 cup, that's about a triple espresso and quite perfect for me.
Wilfa svart, Saeco xsmall, Bialetti Brikka and Venus, AeroPress, French Presses, Handpresso Wild, CCD, Hario V60-02, Chemex, Kalita wave, Zero, Behmor 1600, Mugs of Excellence
zrrrzzt

Postby dcupstateNY » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Thanks! By the way, thought you might like this.
"Stumptown" also speaks to this process on their site.

Enjoy!

http://www.jimseven.com/2009/01/21/vide ... pmoka-pot/
dcupstateNY

Postby zrrrzzt » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Thank you! Excellent video.

I've never used boiled water before. Will try it tomorrow :-)
zrrrzzt

Return to Coffee Accessories