Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Smooth, mild coffee anyone?

Reviews and information on good 'ol beans and grinds

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Smooth, mild coffee anyone?

Postby philhughes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Sometimes, reading this forum I get the feeling that I'm not a real coffee drinker because I don't go for the "bold" "dark roast" varieties. I love coffee - ask anyone who knows me - but I want it mild tasting, no extreme flavors "sticking out" (balanced?) No stabbing aftertaste, and refreshing. I think that choosing a coffee that doesn't make your eyes water can actually be refreshing. OK - I've said it now - let's go on ... I've had my Keurig Mini B30 for about 6 weeks now - and love it - and this is what I'm enjoying: Green Mountain Breakfast Blend and Green Mountain Nantucket. These are my travelmug coffees - run 8 oz of water through the K-Cup, then pull the K-Cup and add 4 more oz of hot water. (Fine-tuning your water use is one of the beauties of the Mini.) The above produces for me the perfect combo of smooth, flavorful, and refreshing. I can get an equally pleasant brew using any one of my 4 favorite coffees and My K-Cup: The Fresh Market Blend, TFM Breakfast Blend, TFM Kona Blend, or the very heavenly TFM Jamaica blue Mountain Blend. With each of those four I fill the filter just shy of the 2 Tbs mark and use 8 oz of water. So there you have it - for someone who wants it black and smooth that's the ticket in my book. Do I have any like minded comrades out there?
Keurig Mini B30 (Home)
Keurig Mini B30 (Office)
philhughes

Postby philhughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Correction! Pull "The Fresh Market Blend" from the above list - I don't know where my taste buds were, but TFM Blend tastes way much like Charbucks to me ;-)
Keurig Mini B30 (Home)
Keurig Mini B30 (Office)
philhughes

Return to Other Coffee Reviews