Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Do you leave your Keurig on all the time?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Do you leave your Keurig on all the time?

Postby NewDaddy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:37 pm

I read in the owners manual that the maufacturer recomends leaving the unit on all the time. Does anyone do this? I only drink a cup from home once in the morning...seems silly to leave it on all the time for just one cup. Is on - off - on - off bad for the machine? Heating elements?
Keurig B70 at home
Keurig B3000 @ work

My Hobby: www.code3.photoreflect.com
NewDaddy

Postby jar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:28 pm

Yup, been on for several years now.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby ASFx » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Nope I don't leave it on. It heats up in such a short amount of time that i'd rather just save the power and turn it off after i'm done using it.
Current Gizmos:
Keurig B70
French Press
Aeropress
Aerolatte
Baratza Maestro & Hario Skerton Grinders
Mypressi TWIST
Nespresso CitiZ & Milk

Latest deals on single serve coffee & machines:
www.SingleServeCoffeeDeals.com
ASFx

Postby VydorScope » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:34 am

My B40 turns itself off after a while, not sure how long... maybe 2 hours? So no. But its on most of the day since I drink all day :)
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby DellRio811 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 am

I turn my Breville on before breakfast and turn it off after my last breakfast cup. Later, before dinner, it goes back on. It goes off after my last cup.
Breville BKC600XL
Bunn My Cafe
DellRio811

Postby starryeyes » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:12 am

I alternate my Keurig with my Bunn. On the day I use the Keurig it stays on until I go to bed at night. My Bunn will automatically turn itself off I believe after 6 hours of non use.
Bunn My Cafe Home, Nespresso Lattissima +, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II, Tassimo T46, Jura Micro Ena 9
Retired: Keurig B66, Nespresso Le Cube, Dolce Gusto Piccolo, Saeco Talea Touch Plus II (donating to my niece)
starryeyes

Postby JaxFLBear » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:50 am

Always on.
Michael
Keurig B30 Mini (Black)
Keurig B100
Keurig V700
JaxFLBear

Postby agentfive » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:58 am

We do the 3 hour window timer auto off in the morning from 7-10am. Then later in the day I may do another cup - but given we have 10 different machines in the test kitchen I tend to play the field and try other stuff throughout the day.

I do like the new standby mode on the Tassimo T65 - as it doesn't seem to be drawing much juice at all but comes back right away to make a cup of coffee.
- Jay Brewer
- Editor, Single Serve Coffee
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Postby taltos » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:08 am

I turn it off after the breakfast period is done and turn it on during the day if I want some coffee or tea. I would leave it on all the time but until I redo our kitchen the coffee machines are on the same circuit as the microwave and only one high draw appliance can be turned on at a time.
taltos

Postby DellRio811 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:06 am

The main reason I do not keep mine on all day is to reduce electric power usage. But I nave been thinking that once the internal boiler is brought up to temp it probably draws very little to maintain the temp. I thought I read somewhere it's about the same as a 60 watt light bulb.

Probably the only time it draws the 1500 watts is when first turned on and after it refills following a cup of coffer/tea.

By my turning it off between breakfast and dinner probably saves me little, if anything, since each time I turn it on it kicks in with the 1500 watts. Also, if it is just sitting there maintaining temp, it should not cause a problem if other high draw appliances are trurned on.

No facts, just my thoughts!!!
Breville BKC600XL
Bunn My Cafe
DellRio811

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines