Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Making a cappuccino or latte with a Keurig B70?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Making a cappuccino or latte with a Keurig B70?

Postby ASFx » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:52 pm

I am a total coffee beginner and have just started getting into it over the last couple weeks. I recently got a Keurig B70, and also got the Aerolatte Stainless-Steel Deluxe Edition Frother with Stand here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001R ... oh_product

My question is, what are the steps to make a cappuccino or latte? I know it's supposed to be made with espresso but the keurig can't make espresso. Can I just brew a cup at the strongest setting, then pour some froth in? Any advice would be great. Thanks :)
Last edited by ASFx on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gizmos:
Keurig B70
French Press
Aeropress
Aerolatte
Baratza Maestro & Hario Skerton Grinders
Mypressi TWIST
Nespresso CitiZ & Milk

Latest deals on single serve coffee & machines:
www.SingleServeCoffeeDeals.com
ASFx

Postby jar » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 am

Yup. Just do whatever tastes right to you and understand that it is not a Cap.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby ASFx » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:33 pm

It's not a cappuccino due to the fact that im not using real espresso right? Just trying to understand all the terminology.

From what I understand, espresso is just a style of brewing which uses high pressure water through a more densely packed coffee right? If i were to use an extra bold k-cup at the strongest (lowest water) setting, would that be close to espresso at all? Thanks for your help :)
Last edited by ASFx on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Gizmos:
Keurig B70
French Press
Aeropress
Aerolatte
Mypressi TWIST
Nespresso CitiZ & Milk

ASFx

Postby JEFFH » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:28 pm

I have made Mock cappuccino using the method you describe with decent results. Try it and see if it meets your taste standard.
Coffee preference:
Dark Roasts--Splash of milk & Splenda
Med Roasts--Black

Machines:
Bunn my Cafe
Keruig B70
JEFFH

Postby jar » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:42 pm

ASFx wrote:It's not a cappuccino due to the fact that im not using real espresso right? Just trying to understand all the terminology.

From what I understand, espresso is just astyle of brew which uses high pressure water through a more densely packed coffee right? If i were to use an extra bold k-cup at the strongest (lowest water) setting, would that be close to espresso at all? Thanks for your help :)

Nope. It would be strong coffee perhaps but not at all like Espresso.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby ASFx » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:27 pm

Do the Nespresso machines produce "real" espresso? Would it be a good combination to go side by side with the keurig for cappuccinos and lattes? I noticed there are some C100 models you can get for very low cost on ebay (around $125) which is much cheaper than the $249 that the Nespresso site advertises.
Last edited by ASFx on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gizmos:
Keurig B70
French Press
Aeropress
Aerolatte
Mypressi TWIST
Nespresso CitiZ & Milk

ASFx

Postby VydorScope » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:58 pm

ASFx... Espresso is a method of brewing, yes. To be espresso one of the keys is HIGH PRESSURE, which the SSC's do not use. But, eh, who cares? So long as YOU like the result, that is all that matters :)
Vincent
http://losttalesofpower.com
My scifi/fantasy novels on can be found on Smashwords, Amazon and every where fine ebooks are sold!
----------------------------------
Active: Kuerig B60, Toddy, Bunn MCP, DeLonghi EC140B
VydorScope

Postby jar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:02 am

ASFx wrote:Do the Nespresso machines produce "real" espresso? Would it be a good combination to go side by side with the keurig for cappuccinos and lattes? I noticed there are some C100 models you can get for very low cost on ebay (around $125) which is much cheaper than the $249 that the Nespresso site advertises.

I personally like the Nespresso system. While just as the latest Fratello Misty Valley Yirgacheffe might not be quite as good as a batch of Yirgacheffe I got from Sweet Marias about four years ago, roasted, ground and brewed in a French Press, it is very, very good, fast, with no mess.

The Nespresso system is similar. The espresso might not be quite as good as when I bought small batches of beans, roasted them, ground them and brewed them in the machine I was using at the time, Nespresso makes a satisfactory Espresso and does so quickly, consistently and with no mess or prep time.

I actually have three machines sitting on the counter, and generally use two to make coffees. I use the OPOD and the Nespresso to make about 90% of the coffee I drink every day. The Keurig is used mostly as a hot water dispenser.
jar

Postby ASFx » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Thanks for your input everyone.

My Aerolatte frother will be delivered at some point today according to the tracking #. Then i'll try making my faux cappuccino with one of the bold k-cups I have. Currently all I have are the ones that came with the machine along with a variety pack of 60 k-cups (12 different blends).

I've never made a cappuccino before, so this will be my first attempt. I'll post pics. Maybe it'll be entertaining for some of you to watch a coffee noob in action! :lol:
Current Gizmos:
Keurig B70
French Press
Aeropress
Aerolatte
Mypressi TWIST
Nespresso CitiZ & Milk

ASFx

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines