Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Woah..what is this warning on the manual?

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Woah..what is this warning on the manual?

Postby pencil » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:19 pm

I have the Keurig B60 machine and I read that manual and it states....
"This product may cause cancer and other health defects and may include Lead and is a warning required by the state of California."

Urm....what the hell? What part contains or causes health defects?? lead on a coffee machine??
pencil

Postby ranin02 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:37 pm

Um, where did you see that? I don't see it in my manual. I also downloaded a pdf of the manual from Keurig's site and didn't find it there either.
ranin02

Postby pencil » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 pm

In the Keurig "Use & Care Guide" manual, turn to page #3 and at the bottom (above the "warning electric shock" box)..there is the product may contain checmicals that cause cancer etc warning.

The exact message reads:
Warning: This product contains chemicals including lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.
pencil

Postby coolied » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:10 pm

pencil wrote:In the Keurig "Use & Care Guide" manual, turn to page #3 and at the bottom (above the "warning electric shock" box)..there is the product may contain checmicals that cause cancer etc warning.

The exact message reads:
Warning: This product contains chemicals including lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.

'tis because it's an electical device, thus some of the connections in the circuitry are most likely soldered with lead solder, and if this is the case, the state of California requires that warning, almost EVERYTHING in California carries that warning......................
coolied

Postby ranin02 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:16 pm

You're right. It is not on the version of the manual available online, but I looked at the newest version of the manual dated March 2007 that I received with my latest warranty replacement a couple weeks ago, and sure enough it is there.
ranin02

Postby rjbuddyboi » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:05 am

Well, California is very strict in providing notice.warnings with safety compliance especially with all the expensive lawsuits going on. Even at the lobby of most buildings in the financial district of San Francisco carry warnings about asbestos as a cancer causing agent. It was alarming at first when I used to work there but you pretty much ignore it after a while. I figure that if it is really that dangerous, we wouldn't be allowed in...but I made sure that I bring bottled water and not drink water running from the building :D
Keurig Special Edition B60 (2/20/07)
with modified 'My K-cup' Pod adaptor
Nespresso Essenza C100 (5/23/07)
>-----Image----->
rjbuddyboi

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines