[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4854: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4856: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
Keurig B60 vs. Nespresso D290: Apples & Oranges? : Other Single Serve Coffee Machines

Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Keurig B60 vs. Nespresso D290: Apples & Oranges?

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Keurig B60 vs. Nespresso D290: Apples & Oranges?

Postby Schriftsteller » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:31 am

All:

I'm a coffee lover but far from an expert. As such, my head spins as I consider my next machine (currently own a Senseo). I want to consider myself an afficianado, and as such, feel that I should be going for espresso rather than regular coffee. Snob factor? I know, it sounds very stupid, but hopefully you sort of get a feel for where I'm at on this journey.

My profile is sort of like this: I WANT to love espresso and drink it often. But in reality, I usually drink regular coffee (as opposed to espresso) with a bit of cream. I do visit coffee houses, and when I do, I always order Lattes. Ideally, I would like to drink something along the lines of a Hammerhead, which satisfies my need for a good quantity of coffee (as opposed to a single shot of espresso), but which also caters to my desire for the strength and taste of espresso shots mixed in.

I do hope I'm making sense. Here is my dilemma: Given my profile above, I can't help but wonder if I'm aiming to run the Boston Marathon before ever having trained a day in my life. In other words, I'm wanting to spend a fortune on a Gaggia Super-Automatic Espresso machine when what I might really want is something along the lines of a Keurig B60.

Now I think I've put my dream of a Gaggia to bed for the time being. I'm quite interested in the Nespresso D290 line of espresso makers. With this machine, I can make my beloved lattes, but I'm wondering if I'll still need my Senseo (or a new Keurig) to make my regular coffee as well.

So my question is this: Am I comparing apples to oranges when I talk about the Keurig and the Nespresso? Does one do one thing while the other does another thing? Is it possible to satisfy my desire for a QUANTITY of coffee in the morning while also satisfing my desire for the TASTE OF ESPRESSO?

Help? Any advice for this noob who really desires to become an educated coffee conniseur would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Keith
Schriftsteller

Postby darrylr » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:02 pm

darrylr

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines