Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Leaking Tassimo

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Leaking Tassimo

Postby Java Jen O » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:39 am

Ugh. My Tassimo is leaking from the water chute BEHIND the splash guard, soaking my counter. The overflow clup is securely positioned. The machine is level. But what I think happened is that the splash guard shrunk when someone put it in the dishwasher and it seems a bit looser now when it's fitted into place.

Does this problem sound familiar? Any quick fix ideas?
Java Jen O

Postby tassimofan » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:38 pm

I wash my back spash in the dishwasher all the time & I can't imagine how it would shrink. Are you sure that the guard itself has been positioned properly? Try taking it out & putting it back in one more time... that would be my first suggestion (I know, you probably did that a million times already, right?).

I just can't imagine how the thing would shrink- that seems so peculiar to me. Perhaps, if you washed it in the bottom rack it might warp a bit but I think that would be VERY noticable when you tried to put it back in. It should slide right back into place- if it doesn't then I'd think it's warped somehow & I'd contact Tassimo about purchasing a replacement.

Good luck.
tassimofan

Postby Java Jen O » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:59 pm

A million and one times I've tried removing and repositioning. I'll give them a call.
Java Jen O

Postby Coin » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:06 pm

I bought my Tassimo 9 months ago and it didn't start leaking until 3 months ago. I briefly looked into why it was leaking and didn't see anything obvious. I thought it was a problem unique to my machine. I am now wondering if the problem is more wide spread.
Coin

Postby Java Jen O » Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Reviewing the manual, I read that it could be clogged where the water comes out. I don't know. I just did a descaling about 3 weeks ago. The problem was happening before then, though.

I'm having one of the house parties tomorrow, so I've got to figure out what to put under it so my kitchen's not flooded.
Java Jen O

Postby tassimofan » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:39 am

Yeah, figured repositioning was too easy an answer. :)

Well- I wouldn't have thought of clogging- especially if you just descaled. But I suppose a second descaling falls into the "couldn't hurt" category (other than a big pain in the rump).

Good luck.
tassimofan

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines