Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Coffee Machine recalibration/reset/priming

The most frequently discussed single serve coffee threads along with other important threads

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Coffee Machine recalibration/reset/priming

Postby Hodaka » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:20 pm

Another recent thread reminded me to bump up my old thread that had the Bunn My Cafe recalibration steps, but pruning must have gotten the old thread, because I can't find it. I thought I'd start a new thread where we can post the recalibration steps for any machines that we have the steps for..

Bunn My Cafe

1. First, have something large enough ready under the brew nozzle to catch 12-14oz of water.
  2. Put the slider in the middle on 8
  3. Turn the machine off
  4. Turn the machine back on while holding both brew switches and continue to hold them until the Bunn light starts flashing (a few seconds).
  5. Let go of the switches
  6. Move the slider to minimum (4) and momentarily push the coffee button. The blue lights will come on for a few seconds and then go out.
  7. Move the slider to maximum (12) and momentarily push the tea button. The blue lights will come on for a few seconds and the pump will also run
    very briefly (because the machine's full, a little water will come out when
    this happens, so be ready to catch it).
  8. When the blue lights go out, put the slider back to the middle and turn the machine off.
  9. You've now recalibrated the machine, but you've also told it that the machine is empty. You'll need to go through the initial brewer setup again.
    Because the machine isn't really empty, it will dump a lot of water, so be prepared with something to catch it.

The manuals are at this page if you need to read the initial setup:

http://www.bunnmycafe.com/pages/mycafe_info.html

but you basically fill the tank, set the slider to 12 and run water through into something to catch it. Dump the water and repeat once more.
Last edited by Hodaka on Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
own:
* Nespresso C100 (primary)
* Aerobie Aeropress
* Bunn My Cafe (I got this back from my dad)
* Keurig Ultra B50 (my dad has this one now..)
Hodaka

Krups KP1010

Postby Hodaka » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:02 pm

According to CoffeeAchiever, these are the directions Krups gave him to reprime/reset the Krups KP1010:

Krups KP1010

1. Unplug the unit.
  2. Set volume to 1(one) 6oz cup.
  3. Press and hold both the BREW and ON buttons for about 5 seconds.
  4. PLug the unit back in.

if anyone tries this and can verify if this works or not, let us know..
Last edited by Hodaka on Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
own:
* Aerobie Aeropress
Hodaka

Senseo prime

Postby Hodaka » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:17 pm

Here's how to prime the Senseo:

Senseo (all models ?)

1. Fill the reservoir to Max
  2. Place an empty pod holder in and close and latch the lid.
  3. Place a bowl under the spout that will hold at least 27oz (so sayeth the manual)
  4. Turn on the power button
  5. Immediately after, press the 1cup and 2cup bottoms simultaneously and then release.
  6. The senseo should begin a prime/flush cycle.

This same procedure is used for descaling, except you mix a citric acid based coffee machine cleaner into the reservoir water and then let it sit for 30 minutes in the Senseo after the first flush. Repeat the process once more and then flush at least twice (or until you're satisfied it's flushed clean) using the process above with clean water.
own:
* Aerobie Aeropress
Hodaka

Senseo brew adjustment

Postby Hodaka » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:00 pm

Let me start by saying that I've never tried this and probably won't, but there's a Dutch site that actually found how to adjust the brew strength of the Senseo, but it involves some modifications of the machine. They don't look that hard, but it will void your warranty and it's definitely not a process for everyone.. this was posted a long while back, and it took me a little bit of googling to find the site again.

Here it is in Dutch:

http://members.lycos.nl/senseocrema/regel.html

and here's the Babelfish translation to English:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfis ... regel.html

It may still be about impossible to read, but there are pictures you can follow. If I understand this right, you can adjust how much water you get during the brew. If you want a stronger cup, you adjust it to drop less water.

Just remember, this is definitely use this as your own risk type operation.
own:
* Aerobie Aeropress
Hodaka

Re: Coffee Machine recalibration/reset/priming

Postby Panna » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:11 am

I've had my Gaggia Classic for 2.5 years. It has probably done about 3-4 cups per day on average. Actually double that because they're always doubles. It has been faultless. Requires a weekly or fortnightly clean of the brewing group depending on how much you use it. It grinds and everything. We go through about 1 kilo every 3-4 weeks.

They'll often come pre-set to expect poor water quality so will prompt to descale more often. When you get one if it has a water quality calibration make sure you do it. Sydney water quality seems to score well for all of the scale tests I've done.

Dad has a similar one. It too has been faultless except from a few blockages in the milk frother if he forgets to run water through it after use.
Panna

Return to Single Serve Coffee FAQ