Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Nespresso launches Prodigio, a Bluetooth machine (!)

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: Nespresso launches Prodigio, a Bluetooth machine (!)

Postby jar » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 pm

Gotta laugh.
My Sister's website: Rose Hill Studio
My Website
jar

Postby Koffee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 am

It is interesting, pretty much everything is getting connected to the internet these days. I wonder if you could connect it to Amazon's "Alexa"...then you could talk to your machine. However I'm happy with my $100 machine and don't mind pushing a button and waiting.
Coffee enthusiast and founder at http://www.espressowholesalers.com
Koffee

Postby Julie_boxx » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:28 am

Hope you guys remember Mr. Coffee Smart Optimal Brew, Brew a cup from anywhere! Works with your smart device and the free WeMo App to schedule or adjust brew time and set up reminders so coffee is fresh and hot whenever you want it.

I just think these manufacturing companies, just taking a step ahead to make these machines more easy to use, Thats what today's technology doing in each section, Making everything easy and fast. And yeah thats marketing strategy too, as it attracts everyone's eye once, that's what manufacturer wants. In few decades we come from percolators to single serve (kcups), We will see lot more changes soon due to high competition between many models and companies.

I personally still love to brew with French press by giving good amount of time in brewing but many times we need quick brew, that's why i bought Keurig, its really a good machine, helps me in this busy life but still whenever i get some time, i use french press as there is no comparison with its concentrated strong taste. I also write reviews about machines, many be that help you too.
Julie_boxx

Postby Caffeinated » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Introducing the Prodigio! Nespresso's attempt at collecting data from consumers thinly veiled as convenience and "smart" features!

The capsule counting feature in the app could be useful. I admit, my capsule organization needs some work. I haven't tested the app, but it would be useless for me if I had to open the app and tell it every single time I brewed a certain type of pod. It seems counter-intuitive if Nespresso is trying to make this the most convenient machine. I get the feeling the capsule counting is for Nespresso to collect data about capsule consumption more than anything else.

I thought setting the timer to brew when I woke up in the morning would be nice, but then I remembered I always pre-warm my cup with a shot of hot water. I also hit the snooze button about 4 times before I actually wake up. Even if I did wake up as the espresso was brewing, it wouldn't be a hot shot. Does anyone know if closing the lid will pierce the capsule? If it does, I don't want a capsule in the machine for 7-8 hours.

I admit I haven't seen the device in person, but from pictures and videos, the machine looks really cheap. I'm not a fan of the sides. Maybe my Lattisima Pro has spoiled me.

Pro's about this machine:
- 3 cup sizes. That's all, folks. I do use all three sizes regularly, so this might not be a pro for some people.

The prodigio has already gone "on sale" via buydig for $160 with the attached frother. I might buy one when it goes on another sale or buy a used machine and sell my Lattissima Pro. I plan on using the money to get a smaller illy machine, and buying ipercapsules. They taste better, and I'm starting to have my doubts about Nespresso.
Nespresso Pixie w/ aeroccino+
Nespreso Lattissima Touch
Starbucks Barista/Saeco Aroma (used for ESE pods)
Aeropress
Caffeinated

Postby ednafrancis » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 am

Prepare before bed, wake up and brew a cup from the bed and let the aroma drag you up and out of it. Seems pretty easy and straight-forward to me.

It doesn’t have to offer much more than some added convenience, e.g. if you can see the number of capsules while on the go and close to one of their stores, you could pick up some extra if need be.I also write reviews about homekitchenary products that may help you.

http://homekitchenary.com/best-coffee-m ... h-grinder/
ednafrancis

Postby bogiesan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:30 pm

Edna,
You're a bit out of touch. The Prodigy was been discontinued in the States long ago.
The Prodigio failed because it was a stupid idea.
Not a good promo for your clickbait.

ednafrancis wrote:Prepare before bed, wake up and brew a cup from the bed and let the aroma drag you up and out of it. Seems pretty easy and straight-forward to me.
It doesn’t have to offer much more than some added convenience, e.g. if you can see the number of capsules while on the go and close to one of their stores, you could pick up some extra if need be.I also write reviews about homekitchenary products that may help you.
bogiesan

Postby viralvog » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Between this and the toothbrush, it looks like we’re in for at least a few years of dumb IoT try-hards from companies who missed the memo about "the Divergence".
http://viralvog.com/
viralvog

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines