Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

CBTL pod stuck in Verismo machine

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

CBTL pod stuck in Verismo machine

Postby rmrucker » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:56 am

Sorry, total Noobie... Not sure where to post this...

After seeing the YouTube videos I decided to "try this at home". Duh. So I used a CBTL espresso pod in my Verismo machine - and now it is stuck all the way in the front of the 'piston'. I tried a chop stick to pry it out, but that does not work easily. I suspect I may have to carefully use a sharp knife and dismember the pod... Does any one have words of advice for the ignorant? Thank you.

BTW - it was challenging to become a member here! Your screening computer didn't like my answer of "Frédéric Levy"! Is that wrong?? Or did it not like l’accent aigu?
rmrucker

Re: CBTL pod stuck in Verismo machine

Postby agentfive » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:21 pm

No words of advice. Thanks for the heads up on the screening question - I guess Frederic has moved on. :-) Best of luck.
- Jay Brewer
- Editor, Single Serve Coffee
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Postby rmrucker » Tue May 24, 2016 7:05 am

Thanks. I was able to get it out using a paring knife to pierce the tin foil and then work it lose. From now on, I'll stick with the true Verismo pods! Yes, you can use CBTL pods, but you may run into this same issue...
rmrucker

Postby pcrussell50 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:34 pm

I've been using CBTL pods in my Versimo all summer. Not only have I not had any stuck pods, but I haven't even had any "nearly stuck" pods. The drop out just as free and loose as the *$$ pods.

The only thing I can say to the OP is that if you cup catcher bin is full to the top, your spent CBTL or *$$ cup will not drop out, and will jam.

I will now be watching the OP's experience more closely with mine.

-Peter
pcrussell50

Postby gicohen3431 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:02 pm

My experience (and SBUX replaced the machine) was that I had a CBTL capsule (unbeknownst to me) misaligned. The first closing probably jammed the capsule and bent the top puncture pins. After that nothing worked well.

The above good experience is probably a result of careful use, which means it does work for some.

For me, I don't need to replace machines, so am sticking with the SBUX capsules for no problems.

Enjoy, Gary
gicohen3431

Postby Captiva » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:39 pm

Yeah mine got stuck also in the front. Dislodged with a skinny knife - thanks for the tip.

Lesson for me is pull out the Caffitaly S04 machine when I want to use Caffitaly pods.
Captiva

Postby pcrussell50 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:11 pm

Another summer of utterly trouble free use of CBTL pods in Verismo (see my post about it a few up from this one, from last summer). I will add one more thing. Last summer I used CBTL espresso pods to make coffee (not espresso). the pods were black plastic and fairly stiff and rigid. this summer, I'm using CBTL french roast pods. they are brown about the shade of the lighter brown border just below the very top of this page. they seem much less rigid than last year and load much easier into the Verismo machine than last summer's CBTL espresso pods did.

I did have one jam, just like last year, when I let the pod catcher get too full, so the old pod could not drop out. when i tried to put in a fresh pod over the trapped one, it made the trapped pod a little bit stuck. pretty easy to fix, and even easier to avoid. very happy camper with the CBTL pods. plus, CBTL is a native socal company just like we are. might be a little misplaced, but it feels a little more like contributing to local than buying big out of state multinational like *$$.

-Peter
pcrussell50

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines