Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Now that the Rivo is dead, what do I get

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Now that the Rivo is dead, what do I get

Postby ScotchandCoffee » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:13 pm

My Keurig Rivo machine died the other day. Unfortunately, you cannot buy it anymore and I have confirmed with Keurig that the machine has been discontinued and pods will be manufactured for at least 3 more years..but that doesn't help me. I have pods and no machine.

It sounds like from this board that the Nespresso is the way to go for espresso, even over the Starbucks Verismo...do you all agree?

Or if there's another machine I should get, let me know.

I had a Lavazza Blue machine way back when but that broke also. These machines break a lot.
I have a Keurig Rivo and a K550 (2.0) system.
ScotchandCoffee

Re: Now that the Rivo is dead, what do I get

Postby rhfil » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:32 am

My Rivo is not dead yet but I anticipated that Keurig will discontinue manufacturing pods at some time and have been looking for a replacement. I saw the Breville Creatista youtube videos and ordered one soon after from Nespresso. Should arrive today. Check it out. Hopefully it is still on sale.
rhfil

Postby jar » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 pm

ScotchandCoffee wrote:
I had a Lavazza Blue machine way back when but that broke also. These machines break a lot.

Do you still have the Lavazza? When you say it broke what exactly happened?
My Sister's website: Rose Hill Studio
My Website
jar

Postby ScotchandCoffee » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:22 am

The Lavazza blue just stopped working. Put in a capsule, start, nothing. The wand didn't froth anything either. Big disappointment. It was a long time ago. I don't even think they sell that machine anymore..it was around $300 for the home version.

Moved to Rivo because it was Lavazza...now that's dead.

I ordered a Nespresso bundle with frother. Fingers crossed.
I have a Keurig Rivo and a K550 (2.0) system.
ScotchandCoffee

Postby bogiesan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:10 pm

Please let us know about your adventures with your new Nespresso. You might also visit the reddit/nespresso group.
bogiesan

Postby thefundu » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:18 am

I can still find the Keurig Rivo being sold at Amazon and there is no mention about discontinuation. Well, heard about the Creatista for the first time? How is this machine?
thefundu

Postby bogiesan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:08 am

thefundu wrote:I can still find the Keurig Rivo being sold at Amazon and there is no mention about discontinuation. Well, heard about the Creatista for the first time? How is this machine?

Keurig has not sold the Rivo for a long time. Stupid machine, total failure to understand the marketplace. Like the Kold machine, no reason to exist. The Creatista is a Nespresso unit by Sage/Breville. Very fine.
bogiesan

Postby rhfil » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:24 am

I think it depends on what you drink. I have a Rivo which I bought when they first came out. I was a GMCR stock holder for many years and thought they made a mistake with the Rivo because the U.S. primarily drinks coffee and not espresso. So the Rivo and none of the espresso machines has had the mass appeal of the Keurigs. I am not sure what the exact relationship was between GMCR and LavAzza. But as an indicator, the only pods for the Rivo were LavAzza.
When I heard that the Rivo would no longer be supported I bought a Creatista which is a great machine. However I like coffee but I love coffee ice cream so my drink of choice is a cappuccino. Perhaps because of the LavAzza beans the Rivo cappuccinos I made were delicious. The Creatista ones not as good. I never made just espressos with the Rivo so not sure how good they are. The Nestle Lungos are very good and the espressos are also. I think I would stick with the Rivo as long as I could and will probably buy a bunch of their pods and dig the machine back out of the closet until they are all used up and I can get no more.
rhfil

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines