Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Keurig B40 Elite - only makes large cups

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Keurig B40 Elite - only makes large cups

Postby mbrahmey » Sat May 20, 2017 9:45 am

New guy here.

Sorry, if this has been asked and answered. I've followed all the usual internet and recommended fixes. Cleaned out the needle, whacked it, removed the top and made sure the check valve was working and even performed some unnatural acts on the reservoir input (which sprayed hot water all over my head:). This unit has spent most of it's life on shelf in a storage room. It has been used very infrequently for school meeting events, etc.

Pressing large cup size works fine, pressing small or medium and the pump does no appear to activate.

Before I accept that it only brews large cups or the complicated dissembly, I'm hoping to get some advice on what the likely problem is - brain (control board)? one of the two solenoids?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
mbrahmey

Re: Keurig B40 Elite - only makes large cups

Postby bogiesan » Sat May 20, 2017 4:44 pm

The switches are probably faulty. Could be corrosion or just a bit of dust that is preventing the circuits from closing. If you're an adventurous soul (and the unit is of no value to you because there's only a 50/50 chance it will ever work again at all) take it apart! There are exploded diagrams available on the web. Many YouTube videos depicting disassemblies of this device ad generic Keurig repair advice and procedures.

https://youtu.be/cR9Vy2UiBiA
bogiesan

FIXED: Keurig B40 Elite - only makes large cups

Postby mbrahmey » Tue May 30, 2017 7:34 am

After disassembly, it was obvious that the air pump was defective - rusted and leaking. I replaced it and now the Keurig is working just fine. The question is ...for how long?

Thanks for the advice!
Mike
mbrahmey

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines