Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Breville Creatista Plus vs. Delonghi Lattissima Pro

OPOD, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, Home Cafe, Keurig, Melitta One:One

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Breville Creatista Plus vs. Delonghi Lattissima Pro

Postby RRocket » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Alright! I think I've got it narrowed down to these 2 machines. But I'm on the fence.

I think the Breville would offer more customization and possibly better milk control. On the other hand, I like how the Delonghi's milk container can be stored in the fridge then merely added/removed when making a drink; so possibly a bit more convenient.

Would love to hear some feedback from people than own either to maybe help push me into making a decision! Price is about the same for either.

Any insight?
RRocket

Re: Breville Creatista Plus vs. Delonghi Lattissima Pro

Postby rhfil » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:18 am

Not familiar with the Delonghi but I like all the milk options of the Creatista which offers you temperature and foam options.
rhfil

Postby bogiesan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:01 pm

You might get more traffic in the "other machines" section where the Nespresso geeks hang out.

I have only attended demos of these machines. I have no hands on experience with either of them although I made life uncomfortable for the demo people by asking a ton of questions they could not answer.

I'd go with the Creatista and there's a nice 35% off sale on now, if you can take advantage where you shop.

Not sure how you arrived at these two machines but I hope you've watched every official and user-supplied YouTube clip about how both units operate and what kind of weird performance issues you can expect. Drive deep into the reviews at the official Nespresso site, too. Both machines have hundreds of reviews, mostly positive, but the negatives are useful as long as you can tell the trolls from the legitimate users.

The Latt just looks overly complicated and all the fiddly bits that need to be cleaned seem complex and easily lost or broken. The Breville is based on their many solid espresso platforms with the additions of the Nespresso-licensed chamber and control chips. The milk system is NOT completely automatic; you will need to pay close attention to what's going on. Creatista' made out of steel and appears to be built like a tank. However, if you watch the entire series of official Nespresso videos, you will see it also requires much fiddling to keep it in top shape.

You appear to be leaning toward a system that steams and froths your milk for you. The Latt can do that into one glass or cup. the Creatista requires a separate pitcher for the milk. I just use the Aeroccino. Easy and cheap, quiet, too.

You might wish to visit the reddit/Nespresso site to search for Creatista threads. ONe or two users really like their units but too early to know how they will perform in the long term.
bogiesan

Postby Suprastar » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:47 am

bogiesan wrote:I'd go with the Creatista and there's a nice 35% off sale on now, if you can take advantage where you shop.

Where are they on sale? I checked Nespresso site and the machine isn't 35 percent off.
Suprastar

Postby rhfil » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:48 am

Yeah, looks like the sales are over.
rhfil

Return to Single Serve Coffee Machines