Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

Reunion Island Spicy Egg Nog Coffee

Reviews and information on good 'ol beans and grinds

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Reunion Island Spicy Egg Nog Coffee

Postby EricBNC » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:46 am

I like my eggnog flavored coffee this time of the year. I have eggnog flavored K-Cups, eggnog flavored soft coffee pods, and eggnog flavored whole beans now thanks to Reunion Island. The whole bean coffee almost floored me when I cut open the bag - the aroma was so intense! It smelled exactly like eggnog which id something I have no idea how they pull this off so well. I have a dedicated flavored coffee grinder ( a must if you plan on buying whole bean flavored coffee - the grinder will forever carry the scent) that worked well with these beans.

I used 60 grams of coffee ground and then dumped into a cone filter and then the filter was placed into my Bonavita BV-1800 brewer along with 1 liter of water. Less than six minutes later a piping hot pot of eggnog flavored coffee was ready for my wife and me to enjoy. I like some flavored coffee a lot and eggnog flavored is one that rates very high for me - almost as high as my favorites Crème Brulee and Raspberry Truffle. I make mostly regular unflavored coffee for myself but most requests from friends and family are for a flavor of some kind. good thing for me eggnog flavored coffee is a favorite.

How did the coffee taste? Wonderful - like a cup of eggnog but none of the calories. It might not mix with a strong spirit like the real thing but if you like the taste of eggnog and prefer coffee, then eggnog flavored coffee should be on your short list this holiday season.
EricBNC

Re: Reunion Island Spicy Egg Nog Coffee

Postby jbviau » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:39 am

You're a braver man than I. One hit off of the bag's one-way valve was enough for me to decide to ship these beans straight to my parents! I'll ask for their impressions.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby jbviau » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:08 pm

The verdict from the parental units is in on this one: thumbs up! They've even been enjoying it brewed in their new B70 using a My K-cup.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby virginialuther12 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:21 am

Thanks
Virginia Luther,
Coffee shop/Freelance writer at best essay writing service/Traveler/Blogger
virginialuther12

Return to Other Coffee Reviews