[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4852: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4854: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4855: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4856: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3952)
New Verismo Single-Serve Machine from Starbucks : Other Single Serve Coffee Machines

Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New Verismo Single-Serve Machine from Starbucks

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

New Verismo Single-Serve Machine from Starbucks

Postby hotwasabipeas » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Starbucks is debuting a new single-serve machine this fall - It can make espresso and coffee drinks!
SB Verismo 580, Tassimo T65, Keurig B70 & Vue V700, Nuova Simonelli Oscar: My website: http://www.planetwasabi.com
hotwasabipeas

Re: New Versimo Single-Serve Machine from Starbucks - This F

Postby hotwasabipeas » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Mr. Moderator - Could you fix my thread title please? I misspelled "Verismo"......too much caffeine gave me the jitters and I can't type!
SB Verismo 580, Tassimo T65, Keurig B70 & Vue V700, Nuova Simonelli Oscar: My website: http://www.planetwasabi.com
hotwasabipeas

Postby hotwasabipeas » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Looks like it uses "pods" too according to this information on the SB website:
hotwasabipeas

Postby jar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:56 pm

jar

Re: New Verismo Single-Serve Machine from Starbucks - This F

Postby jbviau » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's , , and
jbviau

Postby hotwasabipeas » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Listening to the SB conference call right now. Some interesting notes:

-Verismo is a high-pressure "espresso" machine, will make espresso using SB espresso "pods" . They say it makes an "amazing" shot of espresso (sounds similar to a Nespresso)
-It will be proprietary for now although they may decide to open up the technology for third party down the road
-Milk "pods" use 100% shelf-stable milk and they claim that it tastes like real milk and is a "breakthrough" (I hope it tastes better than the Tassimo milk - I am sure it will though based on what they have been saying in the conference call)
-Question about the VUE and if SB will be making Vue Packs: all they said was that they are looking into all possibilities (sounds like they aren't sure if they will be releasing any SB Vue Packs!)
-SB keeps saying that this new machine is "complimentary" to their relationship with GMCR and that they will co-exist
-No announcement about pricing either for the machine or the pods
hotwasabipeas

Postby agentfive » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:42 pm

I expected this to happen. Very exciting and I can't wait to try it out.
- Jay Brewer
- Editor,
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Postby jbviau » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am

Jay's article on the main page: http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/039710.php

A commenter suggested this will be a rebadged K-fee machine (see for more info.). Sure looks like it!
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's , , and
jbviau

Postby agentfive » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:31 am

It does in fact look like one. I'm going to see if I can find out more on this being a K FEE machine.
- Jay Brewer
- Editor,
- Current arsenal: Dolce Gusto, Bunn My Cafe, Senseo, GPOD, OPOD, Keurig B40, B50, B60, B70, & Assorted (N)espresso Machines...
agentfive
Site Admin

Postby dsharp88 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:38 am

dsharp88

Postby roadie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 pm

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
roadie

Postby hotwasabipeas » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:16 pm

The more I read about the K-Fee/Verismo machine the less excited I am about it. Unless they are really changing and beefing up the internals of the K-Fee to transform it into a Verismo, to me it sounds like a piece of junk. I wonder if SB/Kruger is doing what Crossland did to the Gee espresso machine. Use the exterior shell but completely change and improve all of the internals. We'll see this fall I guess. I do wonder what makes the milk pods so special though. The repeatedly stated in the conference call that the milk "tastes like real milk" and was a breakthrough. There are no milk pods currently for the K-Fee machine although you can buy a cheap quality milk frother to use with it. I found it funny that, during the conference call, the CEO Howard Schultz kept calling the new machine a Verisimo instead of Verismo. He couldn't get the name right!

Poor Keurig, their stock is currently down 15% so far this morning. It didn't sound like SB would be releasing any Vue Packs for the new Vue brewer which is unfortunate. Their stock is tanking and I wonder how much it will be worth this fall after the K-Cup patents expire.
hotwasabipeas

Postby EricBNC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:44 pm

EricBNC

Postby sweaner » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 pm

Supposedly Bill Crossland did change quite a bit in the CC1.
Scott

Bunn Trifecta MB
Bunn My Cafe
Clever Coffee Dripper
Keurig B60
Quickmill Vetrano- A Beast!
Invention: "The Podster"
sweaner

Postby EricBNC » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:43 pm

EricBNC

Next