Sign up for the Single Serve Coffee mailing list and be eligible to win prizes given away to mailing list members.

New Verismo Single-Serve Machine from Starbucks

Dolce Gusto, Nespresso, Lavazza, and others.

Moderators: jbviau, NDJollyMon

Re: New Verismo Single-Serve Machine from Starbucks

Postby jbviau » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Welcome to you both, Matpunk and Rob7. On p. 4 (direct link) it was reported that CBTL capsules do, indeed, brew in the Verismo. YMMV, grain of salt, etc.
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby Matpunk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks jbviau for the welcome! So finally got it, caffitaly and k-fee pods are good for the Verismo machine, but i
dont understand what you meant with 'YMMV, grain of salt, etc.'
-Nespresso DeLonghi CitiZ c110 with Aeroccino
-Tassimo Bosch T65
-Bialetti Mokona cf41
-Bialetti Moka
Matpunk

Postby bobbytuck » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:53 pm

I just ordered some Caffitaly capsules from ebay. Even with shipping, they're cheaper than the Starbucks capsules, so I'll post whether or not they work.
bobbytuck

Postby bobbytuck » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:55 pm

bobbytuck wrote:I just ordered some Caffitaly capsules from ebay. Even with shipping, they're cheaper than the Starbucks capsules, so I'll post whether or not they work.

Whoops -- I just saw the previous post indicating that they work fine.

Well -- that's good. I'm looking forward to trying them out taste-wise.
bobbytuck

Postby jar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Rob7 wrote:You must use the Verismo pods with the Verismo machine....others do not work for a variety of reasons. I doubt Starbucks would be happy with knockoff attempts. Remember...the Verismo kickoff is just getting started, so the number of machines currently in use if very small.

The Verismo looks like just another K-Fee system. Do you have any reason to think that all the other K-Fee pods would not work?
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

Postby jbviau » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Matpunk wrote:Thanks jbviau for the welcome! So finally got it, caffitaly and k-fee pods are good for the Verismo machine, but i

YMMV = your mileage may vary. I haven't tested any of this out personally, so I didn't want to make a GUARANTEE, you know? ;)
Josh - Forum Moderator
----------------------------
Bunn Trifecta MB, Nespresso D90, Baratza Preciso and OE LIDO(s), and that's just what's on the counter...
Josh's Pod Guide, K-cup Line-up, and Nespresso Encapsulation
jbviau

Postby Matpunk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 pm

jbviau wrote:
Matpunk wrote:Thanks jbviau for the welcome! So finally got it, caffitaly and k-fee pods are good for the Verismo machine, but i

YMMV = your mileage may vary. I haven't tested any of this out personally, so I didn't want to make a GUARANTEE, you know? ;)

LOL i totally understand and that is what i was looking for. Someone who personally did.
I do like experiments so i defenitely would do it with this machine due these info about the diff. pods i can make work in the Verismo. (i've already hacked the Tassimo for example)
-Tassimo Bosch T65
-Bialetti Mokona cf41
-Bialetti Moka
Matpunk

Postby Rob7 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:57 pm

No I have not....just going by what I see....
My other machine is Tassimo...so they are little to big :D
Rob7

Postby Rob7 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:06 pm

Followup after weekend of use:

Everything seemed to work fine....
1. As others have said, it would be nice to have a scan bar code for different coffee/milk types, 3 buttons for ALL coffee/milk drinks may be to simplistic
2. I love cappuccino drinks....wish they were possible
3. Drinks do tend to be weak for my taste

I am sure this is the first of many coffee makers for Starbucks...we will probably see improvements as they get feedback. Please let them know how you feel about this coffee system.
Rob7

Postby Matpunk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:13 pm

bobbytuck wrote:
bobbytuck wrote:I just ordered some Caffitaly capsules from ebay. Even with shipping, they're cheaper than the Starbucks capsules, so I'll post whether or not they work.

Whoops -- I just saw the previous post indicating that they work fine.

Well -- that's good. I'm looking forward to trying them out taste-wise.

Bobby, do the Caffitaly pods review anyway, tell us you experience using them in your Verismo System!
-Tassimo Bosch T65
-Bialetti Mokona cf41
-Bialetti Moka
Matpunk

Postby Matpunk » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Rob7 wrote:No I have not....just going by what I see....
My other machine is Tassimo...so they are little to big :D

Of course they wont' fit in your tassimo lol
The only thing you can do with Tassimo system is to hack the barcode so you can get a brewed coffee tdisk did as an espresso with same amount of water and temperature so it will brew little more strong than the regular brew with its barcode, here an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT2VUNHz ... ata_player

I still would love to hear other's experiences with Verismo and non-verismo pods!
-Tassimo Bosch T65
-Bialetti Mokona cf41
-Bialetti Moka
Matpunk

Postby neanderthal23 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 am

I have the verisimo 580. My wife and I have been using the CBTL (caffitaly) pods for over a week now every morning and sometimes in the evening. I haven't had any issues except for when I tried to run the same pod through twice (see my earlier post). My perception is that the K-Fee style pods work "better" but the CBTL pods work nonetheless. I only tried the couple of k-fee Starbucks pods that came with the machine, and I haven't been back to WS to get any more. Target is is more convenient for me and they stock the CBTL stuff. I'll prob get more Starbucks pods when Starbucks itself rolls this out later this month.
neanderthal23

Postby Matpunk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:40 am

neanderthal23, thanks for sharing your experience with us, and yes, i do remember you earlier post about brewing twice a pod and the issue with it. Can i ask you why you tried to brew twice the same pod?
-Tassimo Bosch T65
-Bialetti Mokona cf41
-Bialetti Moka
Matpunk

Postby emilymad » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi. I am new here. I currently use a Tassimo but I am looking for a new machine. I mostly drink lattes and cappuccinos. I have been doing research on the current options but haven't purchased anything waiting to see what Starbucks would come out with. How are the milk pods? I am used the Tassimo ones which are ok but it doesn't really taste like milk. I am trying to decide between the Verismo or a Nespresso Lattissima. I really don't want to use anything with a seperate milk foamer. I am trying to find something with as little maintenance as possibile. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!
emilymad

Postby jar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 pm

emilymad wrote:Hi. I am new here. I currently use a Tassimo but I am looking for a new machine. I mostly drink lattes and cappuccinos. I have been doing research on the current options but haven't purchased anything waiting to see what Starbucks would come out with. How are the milk pods? I am used the Tassimo ones which are ok but it doesn't really taste like milk. I am trying to decide between the Verismo or a Nespresso Lattissima. I really don't want to use anything with a seperate milk foamer. I am trying to find something with as little maintenance as possibile. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!!

None of the pod based milks taste like real milk.
Anyone so limited as to be able to spell a word only one way is severely handicapped.
jar

PreviousNext

Return to Other Single Serve Coffee Machines